calendar on TV?

nelson540

Greenhorn
I seem to have a browser parked on the seasonal calendar so I know who has birthdays , festivals and such. Some talented individual might add this as a channel on the TV, with related quest/ purchase / skill level. Am I the lucky 473rd caller to make this suggestion?

HappyPenguin

Farmhand
I seem to have a browser parked on the seasonal calendar so I know who has birthdays , festivals and such. Some talented individual might add this as a channel on the TV, with related quest/ purchase / skill level. Am I the lucky 473rd caller to make this suggestion?
This is already a feature! The calandar can be bought from robins for 2000 Gold, and can be hung on the wall inside your farmhouse. Not on the TV but same functionality.

eyihsil123

Cowpoke
This is already a feature! The calandar can be bought from robins for 2000 Gold, and can be hung on the wall inside your farmhouse. Not on the TV but same functionality.
I hope house can offer one calendar at the beginning. It is important at the beginning, but I don't have enough money, and I don't have time to go to the Pierre's.

HappyPenguin

Farmhand
I hope house can offer one calendar at the beginning. It is important at the beginning, but I don't have enough money, and I don't have time to go to the Pierre's.
If this is an issue, you might consider using the wiki, which has all birthdays and festivals dates as well as pics of the calendar. If you don't want to use the wiki, my strategy is to visit once a week or so, for example when im passing by to visit the mines, and check upcoming events. Stardew is a relaxing game with no set pace. If you find yourself worried about not having enough time to do things, take a step back and consider how you are playing. There is no real need to be going really "fast" or saying "xyz HAS to be done today". You can always find time to do things that you want to do. It might mean not completing other things as quickly as you think you should, but thats ok! Stardew does not have a time limit. You can take as long or as little time as you need(:

eyihsil123

Cowpoke
If this is an issue, you might consider using the wiki, which has all birthdays and festivals dates as well as pics of the calendar. If you don't want to use the wiki, my strategy is to visit once a week or so, for example when im passing by to visit the mines, and check upcoming events. Stardew is a relaxing game with no set pace. If you find yourself worried about not having enough time to do things, take a step back and consider how you are playing. There is no real need to be going really "fast" or saying "xyz HAS to be done today". You can always find time to do things that you want to do. It might mean not completing other things as quickly as you think you should, but thats ok! Stardew does not have a time limit. You can take as long or as little time as you need(:
I often want to challenge to be fast. And tv is offered at the beginning. Why not add a calendar?

So as not to devalue the calendar, perhaps there could only be information on TV on the day of the NPC's birthday itself.
But i'm not sure if that's really necessary. The distance to Pierre's isn't really far and at the beginning you often stop by there at the Help Wanted Board anyway.

eyihsil123

Cowpoke
So as not to devalue the calendar, perhaps there could only be information on TV on the day of the NPC's birthday itself.
But i'm not sure if that's really necessary. The distance to Pierre's isn't really far and at the beginning you often stop by there at the Help Wanted Board anyway.
I only fish at the beginning so I don't go to the Pierre's. And robin sell tv but there is a tv offered in house.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I only fish at the beginning so I don't go to the Pierre's. And robin sell tv but there is a tv offered in house.
On the way to pick up the fishing rod, stop by Pierre's exactly once and copy the calendar onto a piece of paper. Now you have a completely free copy of the entire month, which you can consult anywhere and at any time - even without any in-game time passing since you can pause the game while you consult the paper calendar.

eyihsil123

Cowpoke
On the way to pick up the fishing rod, stop by Pierre's exactly once and copy the calendar onto a piece of paper. Now you have a completely free copy of the entire month, which you can consult anywhere and at any time - even without any in-game time passing since you can pause the game while you consult the paper calendar.
I can check the wiki. This is not the point. I want the calendar for convenience and I think Nelson540 also means this.