Windows [BUG] weird VHS-type screen tearing issue

nsoundd

Newcomer
Im experiencing very weird screen tearing, not the regular splitting tearing, but the old VHS-type tearing, the one that goes from bottom to top very slowly, and is distorting my game only when i move. Ive tried everything to fix it, from just turning vsync on and off and changing the resolution, to uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics card driver and trying different compatibility settings. nothing is working. my laptop screen resolution is 3200x1800, 60hz and specs are:
Dell Precision M3800(laptop)
i7-4702HQ CPU @ 2.20GHz
16gb ddr3
Quadro K1100M
Thanks for reading!

Trynks

Newcomer
I had the same problem with screen tearing going from top to bottom, I think it must be a problem with 60hz laptops. I found a solution, you must change in the nvidia control panel so that the game will open with the integrated graphics (if your integrated graphics allows you to play at constant 60hz) and then within the game activate the v-sync, thus solving the problem in my case (this answer was translated for any grammatical errors here)

EdgarEat

Greenhorn
Vsync and windowed mode add too much input lag, making fishing impossible. The game developers ignore people who experience screen tearing. If it were on our end then there would be a solution.

Shienping

Greenhorn
People like you and me need more attention in the gaming world. Game devs very rarely care about screen tearing all they will tell us is to use vsync and it will all be fixed. Easy to say, vsync adds up to 50ms of input lag. The devs need to fix their problem instead of forcing the player to pick between a bad experience or a worse one, considering the game is not advertised as such!

Shienping

Greenhorn
I had the same problem with screen tearing going from top to bottom, I think it must be a problem with 60hz laptops. I found a solution, you must change in the nvidia control panel so that the game will open with the integrated graphics (if your integrated graphics allows you to play at constant 60hz) and then within the game activate the v-sync, thus solving the problem in my case (this answer was translated for any grammatical errors here)
The fast vsync and adaptive vsync do not work, only the normal vsync that causes severe input lag. Vsync is never a solution, its just a compromise.