Solved [BUG] Weekly quest giving Robin Hardwood only works with newly collected Hardwood

LordRaffzahn

Newcomer
So i accepted a Special orders quest from Robin, which told me to give her 80 hardwood. I stored the Hardwood, that i already had, in her stash, but the quest also has a progression bar for gathering the Wood, which is impossible in 5 Days, as you can get 12 hardwood per day max. I lost the Hardwood without getting any reward( which is no big deal) but i think the first prograssion bar should just be removed

Ereo

Helper
That is not a bug though.

This gathering part is the case for almost all quests from the quest board.

The quest gives you 7 days if you accept it on the first day (always Monday). You can also get hardwood by planting a new type of tree. Of course, you need to have done that before accepting the quest.

You can get your hardwood back in Lewis Lost & Found box.

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay, a few misconceptions you seem to have...

First, you want to pick up special orders on Monday, which is when they refresh. That gives you 7 days to gather. (7 days with access to the Secret Woods means that if you go to there every day, you will gather 7*12=84 hardwood in 7 days.) You just need to accept the special order before you go to the Secret Woods.

Second, there are other ways to gather more hardwood in that amount of time. You could have a profession that enables you to get hardwood from regular trees. There are also other sources of hardwood that are unlocked later in the game.

I understand your frustration, but this is, as @Ereo pointed out, not a bug.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I'm marking this as solved. I understand your frustration, but yes, this is an intended element of the game and not a bug. The workaround is basically so you don't stockpile wood, but there are many ways you can get 80 hardwood (especially with the inclusion of the new mahogany trees). It is definitely possible to do with just secret woods stumps in 7 days, but you can also get hardwood from the mines and en-masse from the mahogany trees when you begin growing them

you're more than welcome to make a suggestion thread about this, though!