PC {BUG?} Weapons/Tools stored in chests do not fully respond to the 'Organize' button.

Cheryl

Newcomer
I'm not sure if this is intentional, but it doesn't seem like it should be.

I have a couple of wooden chests containing only weapons and tools that I've collected from killing monsters in caves. Hitting the 'Organize' button doesn't sort them at all. They will stay in the order in which I drop them in the chest. (This means that if I do want them sorted, say alphabetically, I've got to manually rearrange everything every time I add a new item to the chest.)

I experimented with placing a few weapons and tools in a chest with other items (fruit, vegetables, animal products, etc.), but they still behave strangely -- the 'Organize' button will move all the weapons and tools to the "front" slots (top left) as a group (this makes sense, given the 'sort by item type' layer of the 'Organize' function), but they will not get sorted alphabetically (they will stay in the order in which they were placed in the chest).

I realize this does allow you to strategically place weapons and tools on your action bar and have them not move around when you 'Organize' your backpack. That's nice, but I'd like to be able to quickly sort weapons and tools in a chest in the same way that other items get sorted. I would expect them to sort alphabetically by name within the 'weapon/tool' group, so I can easily see duplicates.

Details if relevant:
I'm playing on PC (Steam), game version 1.5.4 (but this behavior has been present at least since 1.5, if not earlier -- I had taken a long break before 1.5 launched, so I can't be sure if it was introduced in one of the prior updates).
The save file I'm playing was started in one of the earliest versions of the game (back in 2016).

P.S. I do think it's great to have some way of ensuring weapons/tools don't get shuffled on the action bar, but I'd rather achieve that by having an option of toggling the action bar to be 'locked/unlocked'.