Switch [BUG] Unable to work TV after using furniture catalog

Intata

Newcomer
I am fully updated on the switch, version 1.5, I believe.

This is not only an issue with the TV, as I have been unable to interact with the fireplace that I started my game with, however without the TV, I am unable to get the new recipes, nor am I able to see my daily luck.

After placing the furniture catalog, and using it to get a large number of items (including replacing my old TV with the big flat screen), interacting with items like the TV and fireplace has since stopped producing an effect. Meaning I cannot turn my fireplace on and off, nor can I get any of the TV programs to play. Tapping the interact button does absolutely nothing when facing these items.

Both effects appeared to stop working once I attempted to replace the objects with upgraded ones from the catalog.

I am still able to do things such as sit in chairs, use chests, and use a dresser and fish tank, however.

Reproduction Steps (as far as I can tell):
1. Do not buy / place different furniture until getting the furniture catalog.
2. Upgrade house completely.
3. Buy the furniture catalog.
4. Place the furniture catalog (I did so in the bottom of the kitchen)
5. Spawn 30+ items using the catalog - including a Plasma TV and an Elegant Fireplace
6. Place at least 10 items, and delete at least 10 furniture catalog-spawned items from your inventory. Do not place the fireplace or TV just yet.
7. Place the Elegant Fireplace.
8. Attempt to interact with the Elegant fireplace - for me the fire did not work at this point, however my old fireplace still worked just fine.
9. Pick up and place the starting fireplace back where it was.
10. Pick up and trash the elegant fireplace.
11. Pick up and trash the starting TV.
12. Place the Plasma TV
13. Go to sleep for the night.
14. Attempt to use the TV in the morning - This did not work for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

icerose05

Newcomer
I had this same issue too with none of my TVs working. This was after I had bought the furniture catalog and upgraded to a plasma TV. I just now got my TV to work again, and wanted to add this food for thought:

- Did you try changing the location of the TV/fireplace? When I tested it away from the spot that I originally had set up, it began working again.

- Are they in front of/next two wood or log wall panels? I had log panels behind my TV, and even after moving the TV to a new location, placing it in front of wall panels made it stop working again. I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional.