PC [BUG] Unable to sell Triple Shot Expresso since last update on Jan 8th

Ladysarajane

Farmhand
Since the last update on Jan 8th , I found I have been unable to sell my Triple shot Expresso's in the shipping bin. They are greyed out like the tools when I open the shipping bin. My game is modded..and I did remove all mods except Smapi and found that the items are still greyed out and still unsellable. I do not have any mods that alter recipes at all.

Odin

Staff member
Unfortunately mod issues can persist on saves that have had mods alter them, even once mods are uninstalled. I'm not seeing this issue on a vanilla save, which makes me think it's mod related. I've moved this thread to Mod Support for now, but please do mention if you can produce the issue on a new unmodded save.

Ladysarajane

Farmhand
No...I think 3 of the expressos were bugged in some way and when I made more they stacked on the bugged ones and were unable to be sold. I received them for some kind of gift or something (I didn't make these three and I cannot remember exactly which event gave them to me.) I put them in my refrigerator....made other ones and put the newly made ones in the shipping bin without a problem. Then I took the bugged ones out of the refrigerator and somehow they were then able to stack on top of the newly made ones in the shipping bin. So problem is solved.

Odin

Staff member
Glad you were able to sell them! Although that doesn't explain why those initial ones would have been bugged...

Ladysarajane

Farmhand
Glad you were able to sell them! Although that doesn't explain why those initial ones would have been bugged...
If it was minecraft...it would be called metadata on item id....but this isn't minecraft and I don't know how Stardew Valley stores item data. I am zipping my save file with the bugged items and I believe Pathoschild is going to look at it. I do have a mod called CBJ show Item Sell Price kept updated by him and it was telling me it was sellable so I had posted to him about this problem and he is going to look at it.

Ladysarajane

Farmhand
Alright, hopefully Pathos can shed some light on the issue!
I hope so too. I have never come across "bugged" items before in Stardew Valley. I wish I could remember in the circumstances, in which I received the items. I know I was given them (I think it was in a NPC email but I am not positive.)

Ladysarajane

Farmhand
Alright, hopefully Pathos can shed some light on the issue!
I heard from Pathos and he said the triple shot expressos have the "specialItem flag ", but he cannot tell where they came from. I don't believe my mods would have given me those...as they have never sent me anything like that before, but with being updated...to 1.5 who knows? This game instance was started after 1.5 was released and I have been adding my mods back in I use as they have been updated to 1.5. The only mod I have that might have done that...was added after I received those items and after 1.5 was updated last week on the 8th. It seems I may have gotten it after I completed the Friendship bundle in the greenhouse and all the villagers was sending me items for the friendship but I cannot be 100% sure.

So, I have learned that items that are "specialitems" can be converted to regular items by adding them to a regular stack in the shipping bin. So a quick fix for others that might find themselves with that problem...(also regular items can be converted to "specialitems" by adding regular items to the special item stack. )

Ladysarajane

Farmhand
They probably came from a museum reward. There's code now that prevents museum reward items from being shipped.
It could be. I didn't know that was a change and I don't remember those being an award from the museum as an award, but that could have changed. Need someone else to confirm that is an award from them.

Odin

Staff member
Based on discussion, I'm going to move this thread back to Help & Bug Reports, as it does appear to be an issue with the base game.

Ladysarajane

Farmhand
If you take and unstack the three into individual items, it should allow you to sell them.
If you had read one of my replies earlier, I found out how to get them to get the special item tag removed from them so they are sellable. Unstacking them are not the answer. It is putting them in a chest by themselves...getting a regular triple shot expresso you made in your inventory, then removing the unsellable ones from the chest. They will stack on the sellable ones in your inventory and you will be able to sell them. Do not do it the other way or all of them will become unsellable.