Solved [BUG] The Pirates Wife Quest missing item [1.5] [Switch]

Jdoggydog

Newcomer
Ok so… I somehow lost the Gourmet Tomato Salt needed to complete this quest. I swear it just disappeared out of a chest on my farm, or I accidentally trashed it. I now can’t complete the quest to get 100% which is quite a bummer (I’m on year 8 and have put over 250 hrs into this save file lol).
I’ve checked the Mayors lost and found, checked all my chests about 1000 times, and checked at the adventurers guild to see if I lost it in the Mine, but the salt is just nowhere to be found.
Is there anyway to fix this? I’ve researched solutions, but it looks like they only apply to PC players. I’d be forever grateful for any help in this!!

Jdoggydog

Newcomer
Yeah it’s an odd one. And good idea! I did check my fridges and it is unfortunately not in them either :( but thanks for the suggestion!

imnvs

Local Legend
There are people that know how to search the savefile and may be able to find it if you post it.

Pathoschild

Developer
Fixed in the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.6.9, which...
  • ensures that NPCs always treat those items as part of the quest (so they'll never treat it as a regular gift);
  • will give you a new War Memento when loading the save, if you have the quest active but don't have any of the required items.
Thanks for reporting it!