iOS [BUG] The Game Won’t Let Me In Anymore

SweetNSourSue

Greenhorn
About a week ago, I wanted to play Stardew Valley when I got home from school, but when I opened the app, it stayed on the Secret Police and Chucklefish screen only for a few seconds before kicking me out of the app. I am playing on an iPad Mini 2 (iOS 12.5.2) and I tried rebooting and updating my iPad, but nothing worked. I tried offloading (not deleting) the app, rebooting, and reinstalling it, but it still did not work. I thought storage might be the issue, so I cleared out my storage, but it’s still kicking me out within a few seconds. The next thing was checking for an app update, but my game is up to date. I posted about it on Reddit and was directed here. The last thing I haven’t tried is deleting the app completely because I don’t know how to keep my save files from being lost, so is there a way to solve this problem without deleting the game, or a way to keep all the files from disappearing from the Files app with it?

Edit: I figured it out. For anyone having this problem on iOS, go into the files app and into the Stardew valley folder. Inside of it, there should be the amount of folders as there are save files in your app. Hold down the whole folder (you’ll have to copy your save files one at a time) until it gives you a menu and press copy. Then, go to the iCloud Drive folder and hold down the empty space until it gives you the menu again. This time, press paste, and your save folder will appear in drive. Repeat these steps for all of your save files, and then delete and reinstall the app. In order for Stardew Valley to appear in the files app again, you might have to make a new save file and then go back into the files app. Then, go to the iCloud Drive section and copy your files back into the Stardew Valley folder and your saves should appear. I hope this was able to help people having the same issue as me.

Last edited:

Lily Burns

Farmhand
Same thing happened to me. Gahh... I just launched 1.4 and it got to where I could load my game instances, I clicked my most recent game and it started playing two songs at once and would not load. I quit the game and deleted the app, reloaded it from the cloud, now it says no games to load. Am I completely screwed?

SweetNSourSue

Greenhorn
I’m sorry that your game stopped working! I eventually figured out how to fix the bug, but I copied by save files to iCloud Drive, then copied my save files back into the Stardew valley folder in the Files when I reinstalled it. If you didn’t do that, I don’t know if you can get them back. I’m so sorry that I wasn’t able to help you, I hope you are able to find someone who can give you advice and help you recover your files!

AlleyJW

Newcomer
About a week ago, I wanted to play Stardew Valley when I got home from school, but when I opened the app, it stayed on the Secret Police and Chucklefish screen only for a few seconds before kicking me out of the app. I am playing on an iPad Mini 2 (iOS 12.5.2) and I tried rebooting and updating my iPad, but nothing worked. I tried offloading (not deleting) the app, rebooting, and reinstalling it, but it still did not work. I thought storage might be the issue, so I cleared out my storage, but it’s still kicking me out within a few seconds. The next thing was checking for an app update, but my game is up to date. I posted about it on Reddit and was directed here. The last thing I haven’t tried is deleting the app completely because I don’t know how to keep my save files from being lost, so is there a way to solve this problem without deleting the game, or a way to keep all the files from disappearing from the Files app with it?

Edit: I figured it out. For anyone having this problem on iOS, go into the files app and into the Stardew valley folder. Inside of it, there should be the amount of folders as there are save files in your app. Hold down the whole folder (you’ll have to copy your save files one at a time) until it gives you a menu and press copy. Then, go to the iCloud Drive folder and hold down the empty space until it gives you the menu again. This time, press paste, and your save folder will appear in drive. Repeat these steps for all of your save files, and then delete and reinstall the app. In order for Stardew Valley to appear in the files app again, you might have to make a new save file and then go back into the files app. Then, go to the iCloud Drive section and copy your files back into the Stardew Valley folder and your saves should appear. I hope this was able to help people having the same issue as me.
[/QUOT
So I did every step, down to to switching it over to the new stardew valley part, but my progress isn’t showing up! This is rlly upsetting cuz I’ve put in 40 hours in half a week just to make my goal.