Switch [BUG] Switch Local Co-op No Longer Working

flameflash

Greenhorn
This is still an issue. We deleted the fourth, unused cabin during play and the next day when we tried local we no longer could do so and had to use online.

I guess I'll go rebuild that cabin and move the silos somewhere else as soon as I can. Poor Robin is going to get overworked.

DoubleFrench

Newcomer
I ran into this problem as well, and after finding a thread on Reddit, the following fix worked for me:

1. Host starts the game in local mode
2. Have Robin, build a new cabin (100g + 10 wood or stone). It will be built immediately
3. Finish the day and save the game - THIS IS THE CRITICAL STEP. If the game doesn't save, you won't be able to join
4. Have player 2 attempt to join local session
5. Choose existing player to re-join with

This allowed me to re-join a farm which started as local, was played online a couple times, then wouldn't let me reconnect.
Had this problem happen last week with the save my girlfriend and I started and with online being really laggy for us, I thought we were gonna have to start over. Thank you for this solution, we were able to join back on local and has been working ever since!

hiddlestunned

Newcomer
I’m having this issue as well, although I started my game as online and am now trying to play locally. I hope it’ll get fixed, otherwise I guess I’m wasting money on a cabin 🥲

decrypt

Greenhorn
I ran into this problem as well, and after finding a thread on Reddit, the following fix worked for me:

2. Have Robin, build a new cabin (100g + 10 wood or stone). It will be built immediately
3. Finish the day and save the game - THIS IS THE CRITICAL STEP. If the game doesn't save, you won't be able to join

This allowed me to re-join a farm which started as local, was played online a couple times, then wouldn't let me reconnect.
thank you, this worked, the problem is still there today. on switch with last version

CraftyRatZ

Greenhorn
As of 2/9/23 still having an issue with this. I did online play so a friend could visit a farm that my husband and I have and since have not been able to do local co-op. The online co-op has terrible lag spikes causing traumatic bleeding in the caves :-0

Paint_Dream

Cowpoke
I've run into this issue too, I've tried everything I could find. Nothing really works, really hope this gets a fix soon, dealing with the lag from online while being right next to eachother is frustrating.

Tuftex

Newcomer

Thanks so much for this! I didn't know what was going on.

Same issue happening on switch 3rd April 24.