Solved [BUG] Stardew Valley Fair - Tea Sapling Purchase Bug - 1.5.1 Patch

ruumuur

Newcomer
When you're at the fair and purchase the Tea Sapling for 400 Star Tokens, it doesn't remove the option from the list (like it does with the other purchased items), so it appears you can buy another one. I clicked to buy another one, it charged me the 400 Star Tokens, it let me drag it to my inventory, yet immediately disappeared from my inventory once placed in the slot. I have the first Tea Sapling I bought still, but it kept the tokens I spent on the second one.

Random info in case it is relevant: I'm in a single-player game. Year One. No in-game text to report. It was the first item I bought (second technically if you count the bugged transaction) from the vendor. Also after the display contest.

zetta

Newcomer
I encountered a similar bug involving tea saplings.

When I was at the Stardew Valley fair (first year, single-player), the shop list had two tea saplings for purchase. I bought both of them using star tokens. The tea saplings were in separate inventory slots. After I left the fair, I wanted to stack them together so in the inventory I dragged one tea sapling onto the other. Now one tea sapling disappeared and I had only one left.

Wuselding

Cowpoke
Same problem here, there it is marked as one available but it is still buyable even it disappears, when you put the second one in the inventory.

Rocky44r

Newcomer
Still an issue in 1.5.3
  1. Saw 2 Saplings in stock at faire
  2. Bought one (Stock went to 0)
  3. Bought the other one (Sapling disappeared from shop)
  4. Had 2 saplings in 2 different inventory slots (not stacked)
  5. Sorted inventory via sort-button
  6. Only 1 sapling left in my inventory

Odin

Staff member
This should be fixed in 1.5.4! Please mention if it's still an issue for you after updating. From the patch notes:
The Stardew Valley Fair shop no longer sells multiples of the randomly chosen items. Tea Sapling has also been replaced by Triple Shot Espresso.