Solved [Bug?] Special Orders Quest Can’t Be Completed

smellyoatmeal

Newcomer
I updated to 1.5 this morning and have been working through some of the new community request board quests called special orders. I chose “Pierre’s Prime Produce” request that states, “Hello there. For an upcoming promotion, I’m thinking of offering some high-quality vegetables at a slight premium... Know where a thrifty shopkeep might find 25 gold-star vegetables?” From this description it sounds like I would just need to give him 25 gold-star vegetables, however, once accepting it tells me I must grow 25 gold-star vegetables. The problem is I am on the 9th day of winter with 20 days to complete the quest. I can’t complete this quest and I also can’t decline it now.
I don’t think it makes sense for this quest to be offered in the winter and the description doesn’t accurately describe what the quest is about.

Salt Farmer

Greenhorn
Your only hope in this instance would be the greenhouse. If it's not repaired on your farm, then no it's completely impossible to complete. Even then you are somewhat at the mercy of RNG for gold quality. The description should make clear you have to grow the vegetables after receiving the quest to complete it. Same goes for foraging quests, you can't just use forage you have stored up in chests, you have to collect it after the quest is taken.

Eberkk

Newcomer
It’s not a bug. Most of these quests are made for people who are more advanced into the game. You can still grab your veggies back, and there are a few options to grow stuff in the winter
You could either use the green house or use the ginger island farm to grow the veggies, therefore limiting the quest to not show up in winter would be worse for end game people