Switch [BUG] Shaking bush won't get magnifying glass

b1u3

Greenhorn
Even though I have the "A Winter Mystery" quest active, I can't get the Shadow Guy event to happen after shaking the bush in the park. I've tried in all seasons, at a bunch of different times.

I had Krobus as a roommate when I first tried to shake the bush, so I tried again after kicking him out and making him forget everything, but nothing's happened. I know someone who's had the same issue on mobile, but hasn't tried kicking Krobus out.

My game is up to date, and it's single player in English.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Even though I have the "A Winter Mystery" quest active, I can't get the Shadow Guy event to happen after shaking the bush in the park. I've tried in all seasons, at a bunch of different times.

I had Krobus as a roommate when I first tried to shake the bush, so I tried again after kicking him out and making him forget everything, but nothing's happened. I know someone who's had the same issue on mobile, but hasn't tried kicking Krobus out.

My game is up to date, and it's single player in English.
There are two bushes you can shake, see what happens if you shake all of them and then if you do and nothing happens reply and we can help you further.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
It worked. Thank you so much
Yeah np, there is near always a simple solution to problems, I had the same one happen to me on my first save and since I didn't really know what that whole cutscene was about I didn't even get the magnifying glass until 2 months later.