Switch [BUG] Rusty key at 70 items, not 60

marzbars

Newcomer
Summary: Gunther didn’t give me the rusty key to the sewers at 60 donated items, but he ended up giving it to me at 70 items.

I started a new game recently and ran into an issue getting the rusty key to the sewers. Everywhere I’ve read online says you get the key to from Gunther after donating 60 items To the museum. I donated 60 and couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t getting anything at all. I was losing my mind trying to fix it and wondering if my game was a bust. Then I finally hit 70 items and he suddenly showed up the next morning to give me the key. However, now it looks like I’m missing the triple shot espresso reward, according to the wiki. Is this a bug? Or did something get changed along the way that people don’t know about? It’s been too long since my first playthrough (before the nightmarket update) to remember if this same thing happened then.

Other Info:
- Started the game about a week ago, but on the switch so it’s not the latest update with the island
- Reorganized one or two items in the museum a handful of times leading up to this issue
- Previous museum rewards had all been collected
- Reached 60 items in fall or winter year one
- Reached 70 at the beginning of year two
- No mods of course, bc I’m on console

Odin

Staff member
Is this a bug? Or did something get changed along the way that people don’t know about? It’s been too long since my first playthrough (before the nightmarket update) to remember if this same thing happened then.
This does sound like a bug, there hasn't been an intentional change to the number donations required for the Rusty Key. It's good that you still got it, but thanks for reporting this!