PC [BUG] Quality Bobber not working?

C-Ray

It does not seem to "boosts the quality". Even tried at the Desert to fish gold quality scorpion carp in case the boost "ends" at gold and iridium is still requiring a perfect catch. Got only silver. Thought then maybe it only boosts the price when selling but that's not the case either. Anyone with the same issue?

scribbles23

Newcomer
Since updating to 1.5.2, I only catch non-starred fish (not using any bobber). Before 1.5.2 with level 10 fishing, I caught mostly gold star fish, with perfect catches giving iridium. Seems like fish quality in general might be a bit wonky.

Vreneli

Newcomer
I also can't seem catch anything more than normal quality fish. I have fishing level 10, mostly perfect catches and even the quality bobber. Nothing works to increase quality right now. It's really frustrating since I got the quality fish bundle to finish :/

Odin

Staff member
This should be fixed in 1.5.3! Please mention if it's still an issue for you after updating.

emicampo77

Farmhand
it seems that its not working with the fishes from the Night Market, anyone can confirm this? i catched some of them perfectly and i got gold quality

Ereo

Helper
it seems that its not working with the fishes from the Night Market, anyone can confirm this? i catched some of them perfectly and i got gold quality
Perfect catch is not a guarantee for iridium quality. It just raises the quality by one. The quality depends on several factors, including distance from shore. In the submarine, you can't get very far from the shore. Your perfect gold catches were silver quality before you got them perfectly.

emicampo77

Farmhand
Perfect catch is not a guarantee for iridium quality. It just raises the quality by one. The quality depends on several factors, including distance from shore. In the submarine, you can't get very far from the shore. Your perfect gold catches were silver quality before you got them perfectly.
Not sure of this, ive got plenty of gold catches without using the quality bobber and then under the same factors with the quality bobber they still remain gold