PC BUG: Protector of the Valley Done but No Credit

Slyxxi

Newcomer
I am hosting a multiplayer game on Steam, patch 1.5.4, no mods. As the host in this game, I was able to complete Protector of the Valley myself with Pepper Rex being the last thing I killed. However, my friend in the game with me has killed all the necessary monsters but has not received credit for the achievement. The last thing he killed were the new Magma Sprites. Gil's dialog about the phone number did not trigger for him and all Gil says is to return when he has something to show him. We've exited and relaunched, but that did not trigger the achievement. Confirmed all Monster Eradication Goals are completed on Stardew Checkup.

PsychoticUni

Newcomer
I’m having the same problem except my friend completed it and the achievement is not unlocking for me (the host). Magma sprites were also the last thing I killed.

ALonelyCookie

Newcomer
I'm also having the same issue, last monster I slew was a magma sprite and did not get the achievement. While as my friend who killed Pepper Rex's last got the achievement.

thewdawg

Newcomer
Same here. (Slight spoilers ahead) My last monster was also the magma sprites. The perfection cat statue is telling me I haven’t accomplished the “monster slayer hero” goal, but all of the hunts are shown as complete at the Adventurer’s Guild, and I got the phone number from Gil.

Edit: apparently I was mistaken? The in-game achievement popped when I finished one last monster goal (void spirits, apparently). Maybe I just missed that I hadn’t finished void spirits before. Anyway, sorry for my confusion :o

For reference, I’m just talking about the in-game achievement. I got the Steam achievement on a previous farm in v1.4.

Last edited:

Reaper55

Newcomer
I think this issue only occurs if you leave Magma Sprites for the end.

I want to share that this issue occurred for me as well. I am playing on a PS5. Stardew Valley | PS4 (version 1.57) with PS5 firmware up to date (version 21.01-03.10.00.03-00.00.00.0.1).

I was playing online co-op and was progressing through the adventurer guild kills. My multiplayer friends were not with me they were doing something else. I killed Pepper Rex to 50, received the notification that I protected the region from Pepper Rex at the bottom left of the screen. The notification popup is expected after completing an eradication goal. My last eradication was reach 150 Magma Sprites. I had about 100, and went to the Volcano dungeon to get the remaining 50 I had left. I went through 2 full days worth of Magma Sprites with monster musk, and did not receive a notification or a PSN Trophy Popup. I went to the adventurer's board and the game had marked it as completed.

I went to the Perfection Tracker in Qi's Cave and it says "Monster Slayer Hero: Yes".

On the Monster Eradication Goals signpost in the Adventurer Guild it says "215 Magma Sprites *"

The trophy never popped, and I never received the notification on the bottom left that I kept the area safe from Magma Sprites.

I also never received a letter with "Marlon's Phone Number" though someone in my multiplayer did a few weeks before me. They told me over voice chat that we can + now call Marlon over the phone to get our stuff back if we die in a mine.

Here are some google search results of other people with a similar problem:

furiousmith

Greenhorn
I had the exact same problem and after many frustrating tries, I have found a solution.

It seems that the problem happens if you leave the Magma Sprites to the end indeed. You have to set back also the number of another type of monsters in the save file (you may also delete their reward from the file as well). So after that, you kill the Magma Sprites, and then the monster that you have set the number back.

In my case, I have set Mummy to 99, killed the Magma Sprites (I didn't get any reward or message from finishing that, so still kinda bugged), but then I went and killed the last Mummy and got the achievement. I am playing on PC (Steam).

I don't know if it is needed or not, but I also deleted the <achievement>...</achievement> part of the file before doing this, so you might want to do it too just in case.

If you need help changing the file log check https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/achievements-not-unlocking-on-steam-fix.112578/