Xbox [BUG] Prismatic Shards dropping in wrong place

faerieviking

Newcomer
  • Prismatic Shards are dropping for my friend in the Mines, Skull Cavern and Volcano, but they actually drop next to me (the host) or out of bounds of the current area I’m in instead of next to him. For example: he will be in one of the aforementioned areas and I will be in a completely different area of the map, like the Farm or somewhere in Town, and the Prismatic Shard will come to me/my screen instead of going to him.
  • No error text.
  • Game version: 1.5.4.1
  • Language: English
  • Multiplayer
  • Additional info: There is also a noise (similar to the sound that plays when you interact with a mine-cart) for me occasionally that indicates my friend’s Prismatic Shard has just dropped somewhere on my screen. If the noise doesn’t play, I will just stumble upon a Prismatic Shard either out of bounds, on the floor somewhere or it will drop right in front of me.

wizardb171b

Newcomer
I'm also having a similar issue, though I'm using Nintendo switch and split screen, the host is getting prismatic shards randomly while I'm mining in the skull caverns and they are in their house or doing something else (I'm using the latest version 1.5.4.2 switch). One thing to note is that when they go mining with me the prismatic shards spawn normally so I suspect the shards are spawning in the same coordinates as the place they were supposed to but are spawning in the map the host is in (lets say I broke an iridium node at coordinates 100x 100y 100z in the skull cavern and got a prismatic shard, if the host is in pelican town, I think the shard would spawn at 100x 100y 100z but in pelican town instead).

Geoman265

Tiller
I saw a similar post on here, where they were experiencing this on PC, but only when using bombs. Is your friend using bombs whenever the shards drop in your area?

walnut_raisin

Greenhorn
Same thing here! I was on PC multiplayer with a friend and whenever he was in the skull mines and would break something that would have a chance to drop prismatic shards, it would drop somewhere I was. We got like 5 or 6 from doing this on accident- first was when I went into a barn and grabbed cheese from the cheese press. All of a sudden, a prismatic shard spawned with the cheese. Then the next night I was coming back to the farm after getting the Maru stargazing cut scene and then TWO spawned. I could only grab one as another spawned outside of bounds (that's the one in the image and I was holding the one that magically appeared next to me). Next night I laid in bed and thought another didn't spawn. I went right out of the house, but my friend went to the fridge to grab food supplies when all of a sudden his two magnet rings attracted a prismatic shard to him. I think what happened with that one is, when I was in bed, he broke a rock in the skull cavern and that spawned a prismatic shard. Instead of spawning next to me, it spawned in the room above me, so it got pulled to him when he got close enough. Then I got another when I went into Pierre's shop towards Abigail's room- it spawned out of the ether again lmao. That was all of them. Each time it happened, he was at level 100 or more using bombs or a pickaxe to break rocks that could drop prismatic shards and I was also up past 12 AM and very close to 2 AM.
Natalie_6-8-2022_23605062.png