Bug net catching and museum ideas

Whippy

Farmhand
I love the new idea of the fish tank that you can have different ones and put anything fish and or beach shells in, however i think it would be a great idea if it was made so the museum is expanded, and you also have to catch every fish type and shells and hand them in and then when you hand each one in, you can go into a room and see them all in the fish tanks, and i think it would also be cool if there was a net tool, that you ether star with a basic one or can buy from an npc or get from a quest, and that over time you can upgrade it at the black smith like the other tools, and the more you upgrade it the easier it gets to use, and when you catch something you can hand it into the museum and then you can add in different bugs and butterfly types, and you could also add a skill for it just like with the fishing. it would also mean more new items and or quests from the npc, and some small yet unique events and times where you can catch these bugs, say butterfly's, beatle's, spiders etc.

Odin

Staff member
I feel like this is too close to how the museum works in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and so it would look like Stardew was just taking ideas from that game.
It's certainly a fun set of mechanics in AC:NH! But I can always play that game to experience this.

Whippy

Farmhand
I feel like this is too close to how the museum works in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and so it would look like Stardew was just taking ideas from that game.
It's certainly a fun set of mechanics in AC:NH! But I can always play that game to experience this.
i do agree with that, however what i said was just a concept, just because another game did that doesnt mean stardew, or any other game cant take inspiration from it and change it, if you think of it this way, that what i said was a base line, you can develop the idea and take it somewhere else if that makes sense and of course not saying these things must be added, more of a i think it would be cool to develop ideas like this in the game. i do love the direction the game is going though!

lazyroll

Tiller
Some games before AC:NH did it, so It's not their idea. I think ConcernedApe is free to add those features. And I believe this feature would add much more to the game for the completionists.

Whippy

Farmhand
True. Bug collecting has been a thing since at least The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, which was released in 2006.
it is very true many games now have recreated this concept, and i think it would be a great idea to play with in stardew and i love the idea of it adding more quests as someone said:)

Whippy

Farmhand
Some games before AC:NH did it, so It's not their idea. I think ConcernedApe is free to add those features. And I believe this feature would add much more to the game for the completionists.
i couldnt agree more, i think it would be great to play with and develop into something for stardew