PC [BUG] My save reset!!!!!

Karyne Barbosa

Newcomer
Hi! Well, a while ago, I played the pirate game, but I decided to buy the game from Steam and so I did. Coincidentally, my save (on pirate) went to the original, and so far so good. Playing with an online person, my internet crashed and when I came back, the game had these bugs:

1 Everything outside the farm is gone, both outside and indoors. I was in the first year of the first year.

2 The community center was broken from the outside, but inside it was complete.

3 I was still with my children, my husband, and children, though ALL had died.

In the end, I deleted the save. I'm only here because I'm told there might be a solution, so if anyone knows how to recover, I appreciate it.

—Karyne.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear you had this issue, that's a bummer. I'm not sure about multiplayer, but for regular games, if the file still existed (non deleted), it is possible to undo the last save and essentially go back a day per wiki:

As far as a deleted save, that's a lot tougher. You could maybe check your recycle bin to see if you can restore the deleted folder from there (no idea if Stardew moves things to recycle bin, that's just a wild guess based on Google search results for this issue in Stardew). You can check the regular save file location (listed on the wiki page link above) to see if any files for that game still exist, and if so, maybe use those to follow the "undo the last save" wiki instructions. "If you have SMAPI installed, you can also recover daily backups from save-backups in your game folder," (quoting an old post by Pathoschild, though the information may be outdated). If the entire folder is gone and can't be restored and the SMAPI thing doesn't work/isn't an option, you may unfortunately be out of luck (I found these suggestions here, in an old post, so again, they might be outdated). Someone else might have newer advice on this.

For next time, the unfortunate advice (sorry) is to never delete a mucked up game until you are certain that either it can't be fixed, or you're never going to play it again. 😕 You can have multiple games going at one time, it is not necessary to delete old ones in order to start a new ones. If it helps for next time, you can also back up your game semi-regularly: