PC [BUG] My Hay is Glitching

EurlandiaK

Newcomer
I have a bug where when I go to the chest in the chicken coop, I can click and get one hay out. Normal. But when I click it the second time, the hay just disappeared. Its only until I click again the hay comes back. I just can't get more than one hay.

Lew Zealand

Helper
If you are in the Coop or the Barn, I think you can only obtain as many Hay in your inventory from the chest as there are animals in the Coop or Barn. And then you can put that Hay in the tray/trough for the animals. You may be able to put the single Hay from your inventory into a regular Box/Chest you crafted and then go back to the one in the Coop or Barn to retrieve another Hay, but I'm not sure if this works. I don't have a save I can test this in right now.

My guess is you currently have one Chicken in your Coop? If this is the case, then I believe this Hay mechanic in the game is working as intended.

Ereo

Helper
If you want more than one, make sure you have something else selected in inventory. If you have the hay selected, you're just putting it back into the hopper.

imnvs

Local Legend
If you are in the Coop or the Barn, I think you can only obtain as many Hay in your inventory from the chest as there are animals in the Coop or Barn. And then you can put that Hay in the tray/trough for the animals. You may be able to put the single Hay from your inventory into a regular Box/Chest you crafted and then go back to the one in the Coop or Barn to retrieve another Hay, but I'm not sure if this works.
This is almost correct... it'll only let you pull out as much hay as you have animals in that barn/coop or spaces available on the feeding bench, whichever is smaller... in one click. If you're not accidentally putting the hay right back into the hopper (which I think Ereo is correct in thinking what was happening in the OP's case) you can continue to click to get that same amount again. 4 animals, 4 spaces on the bench... and you can click 20 times to pull out 80 hay if you wanted.