Windows [BUG] My game won't launch

Ehnila

Farmhand
Hello there. I apologize in advance if I make some typos or use the wrong words, I am french and english is not my first language.

My problem is the following : my game won't launch. When I click the "play" button on steam, i can see the icon of the game appearing on the task manager, but then it immediately disappear and the game doesn't start, so no game menu no nothing. I have already tried to do a few things to fix the problem, including :

* Running the game as an administrator
* Deleting the starteup_preferences file
* On steam, using the button "verifying the integrality of the game's files"
* Installing Microsoft XNA
* Installing .NET 5.0+

I need to precise that I've downloaded mods using Vortex before, but I've disabled all of them. Also, I installed Smapi.

Thank you !

DarrowWyrlde13

Newcomer
Same issues, and I ran through the same process as Ehnila here. I've never used mods.
I've been going through forums and trying different things for almost two hours now. I don't know much about computers and many of these terms I haven't been understanding but I've been trying my best.

I've got a SurfaceProX that runs on ARM. Most Steam games don't work on it anyways but SDV was always one of the few gems that did. I'm not sure if the inability to launch has something to do with this new update to the game that everyone seems to be having issues with, or with Windows 11 not being compatible.