Solved [BUG] Missing Tea Sapling recipe *resolved - hadn't triggered the cut scene after all?*

kailomonkey

Tiller
Hi

I'm a returning player long after these updates so I already had 10 hearts with Caroline. However I don't seem to have a Tea Sapling recipe for crafting. Does anyone know a way to resolve this? I'm currently working towards perfection and need to craft every item and that's the first thing I've spotted (so far) that is going to cause a problem. I also walked into her greenhouse but that didn't change anything.

Would I perhaps have to make her hate me and get to 2 hearts again? Are there other recipes I'm likely missing because of having 10 hearts with everyone?

Many Thanks

Lew Zealand

Helper
Unlike most recipes from Villagers this recipe isn't sent directly to you, instead you need to have the 2 :heart: cutscene with Caroline first:

Since you already have the hearts with Caroline, you should be able to enter her Tea Room (door at the back of the Kitchen) which will trigger the cutscene. You'll receive the Tea Sapling recipe the next morning in the mail.

kailomonkey

Tiller
As I say, I've been in her Tea Room and nothing happens. It may be that I triggered the heart event already I don't remember, but I definitely don't have the crafting recipe. I've found the Sapling itself at the travelling market a couple times but I need the recipe.

I've also checked all the letters the only ones from Caroline are one asking for a Pumpkin and another about tropical ingredients where I would have received the Solar Panel recipe.

I may have received the letter on day 1 of returning where I had lots of cutscenes and mail, I remember one letter I backed out of and I was concerned I'd missed a gift/recipe somehow. Maybe it was that one. But the letter should still appear in the menu showing all the letters unless it is glitched.

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
As I say, I've been in her Tea Room and nothing happens. It may be that I triggered the heart event already I don't remember, but I definitely don't have the crafting recipe. I've found the Sapling itself at the travelling market a couple times but I need the recipe.

I've also checked all the letters the only ones from Caroline are one asking for a Pumpkin and another about tropical ingredients where I would have received the Solar Panel recipe.

I may have received the letter on day 1 of returning where I had lots of cutscenes and mail, I remember one letter I backed out of and I was concerned I'd missed a gift/recipe somehow. Maybe it was that one. But the letter should still appear in the menu showing all the letters unless it is glitched.
Whoops, I missed you mentioning the greenhouse. If you don't see the letter anywhere then I agree that I'd try to reduce your hearts to below 2 and then increase again to 2. I've never done this but I understand the easiest way is to hit NPCs with Rocks from a Sling and monitor your heart level with her. You can reduce all hearts pretty quickly that way. I wouldn't like doing this in-game but it seems you'll need to to try for 100% Perfection.

kailomonkey

Tiller
Thank you Lew. Do you happen to know for certain if this will work and unlock the recipe? Before wasting my time if not. I have all the Qi walnut recipes to unlock and make as well and would like to get those first, but if I'll never be able to reach perfection it would be nice to know beforehand. I'm just waiting on the dangerous mines quest to turn up so I'll have access to the materials needed. I haven't checked thoroughly if I'm missing any other recipes either, that's something I'd do once I've got everything I know of.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Thank you Lew. Do you happen to know for certain if this will work and unlock the recipe? Before wasting my time if not. I have all the Qi walnut recipes to unlock and make as well and would like to get those first, but if I'll never be able to reach perfection it would be nice to know beforehand. I'm just waiting on the dangerous mines quest to turn up so I'll have access to the materials needed. I haven't checked thoroughly if I'm missing any other recipes either, that's something I'd do once I've got everything I know of.
Not certain at all, just a guess to try to unlock this.

kailomonkey

Tiller
I got it. It was my mistake finally visited at the right time. Must have been snowing and not count, and I probably saw the cutscene somewhere else.

Hadi

Newcomer
Please help i'm dealing with the same problem, i just need tea sapling recipe to complete my achievements. I did get the the Sunroom cutscene but i didn't get the recipe

sammmarria

Greenhorn
Has anyone figured this out? I am having the same problem and the only thing missing from perfection is that tea recipe that has disappeared:(

jcconrad

Newcomer
I also have experienced the issue the last 2 posts were about, I posted a new thread about it, not really sure what else we can do...

4frenesi

Greenhorn
Did it worked? I’m with the same problem :/

mommysattik

Greenhorn
I got it. It was my mistake finally visited at the right time. Must have been snowing and not count, and I probably saw the cutscene somewhere else.
I am having this same issue; and I am at 99% crafting. I have the tea sapling but I don't have the recipe. I got the sapling way before I ever knew about Caroline's sun room but I have since visited it and got the cut scene but no recipe. I see that you entered at the right time now but I'm wondering; did you get the cut scene when you had not gone in at the right time, and then get it again when you did? Thanks for the help! Super frustrated with this.

kailomonkey

Tiller
I'm afraid I can't remember since it was a while ago. I think I was just having trouble triggering her tea-room cutscene and once it triggered I assume I got the recipe with no other issues. If you visited the room entering the door that's in Caroline's kitchen and got the cutscene, the recipe should be in the mail the next day.

I think my issue was just that I hadn't triggered the cutscene when I was convinced I had! Or that something else was wrong. I'd recommend going back to Caroline's (once you have 2+ full hearts with her) between 9 and 5 on a day that's not raining, and probably not during winter because I mentioned snowing being a problem? Otherwise I have no idea and maybe there's a genuine bug now.

Best of luck to you all!