PC [BUG] Missing item in Pirate's Wife quest

sleepysloth

Newcomer
This seems to be a somewhat common problem but I've been unable to fix my game. I received the war memento, then about a day or two later I was unable to find it in my inventory (I did check the Lewis lost & found). I've tried editing the save file to delete the "birdeQuestBegun" line, I've even installed a mod to give myself another memento, but giving it to the intended recipient results in an angry response. I didn't have a game backup before the item went missing -- any other suggestions on ways to continue to the quest?

I am sorry what happens to you.
I remember that there was someone who had a similar problem like yours in this forum.
I am pretty sure you got some bugs. I guess it is definitely appropriate to be labeled your thread with "[BUG]" on it.– it would help bring attention to the technicians.

Eccentrish

Newcomer
Also have lost/misplaced War Memento. I’m playing on mobile iOS and have spent literal IRL days hunting for it to no avail but the quest is still active. Has there been any fox?

kayysmalls

Newcomer
This seems to be a somewhat common problem but I've been unable to fix my game. I received the war memento, then about a day or two later I was unable to find it in my inventory (I did check the Lewis lost & found). I've tried editing the save file to delete the "birdeQuestBegun" line, I've even installed a mod to give myself another memento, but giving it to the intended recipient results in an angry response. I didn't have a game backup before the item went missing -- any other suggestions on ways to continue to the quest?

Attachments