Switch [BUG] Local co-op unusable after taking farm online (bug?)

MaxPowerSr

Greenhorn
We have two Switches.

We have (had!) a farm on local co-op.

We bought a friend a Switch and Stardew (best game ever!), then invited them to our farm to see some stuff... my wife launched the farm as Online co-op.

I was able to join Online co-op easily, as the same character from Local. Cool! It worked!

Now, however, it appears we're locked out of local co-op. Not cool! Any time my wife starts the farm that way, when I go to join it never shows up as a possible farm to join.

If she launches in Online mode, I can join. (And then stutter and lag slightly in the mines!)

Is this known? Intended? I'd like to be able to launch locally again...

Thanks

Wenywoowoo

Greenhorn
We have two Switches.

We have (had!) a farm on local co-op.

We bought a friend a Switch and Stardew (best game ever!), then invited them to our farm to see some stuff... my wife launched the farm as Online co-op.

I was able to join Online co-op easily, as the same character from Local. Cool! It worked!

Now, however, it appears we're locked out of local co-op. Not cool! Any time my wife starts the farm that way, when I go to join it never shows up as a possible farm to join.

If she launches in Online mode, I can join. (And then stutter and lag slightly in the mines!)

Is this known? Intended? I'd like to be able to launch locally again...

Thanks
Would like to know how to resolve this too! We are side by side on tv's with ours, partner can join me on local co-op but I can't join him! We have been able to previously! 😕

fearofthesky

Newcomer
Joined to say yes, we have this too. My partner and I got the game and played for hours local in the same room. Later in the week, after she had returned home, we bought NSO memberships and played lots more. Then she came over again the next weekend and we cannot do local multiplayer at all on her farm now. I think that yes, once a farm is flagged as an online co op farm, no more local multiplayer is available on that farm. It's ridiculous if this is by design so I hope it's a bug that can be fixed.

Akni23

Newcomer
We're in the same boat now and it really sucks. Online co-op play is so laggy so it's dangerous in the mines. Local co-op is unavailable to us now.. at least I know I'm not going crazy but I hope it gets fixed soon!