PC [BUG] Leaving game paused for any amount of time causes it to infinitely not respond

Baboobraz

Cowpoke
I think this has been happening since 1.5, but it could've been happening in 1.4.5 too, where when I go into my inventory to pause the game and leave to go to the bathroom, eat dinner, or even just use my computer for something else, when I go back, 7/10 times its frozen and not responding. I've literally waited hours for it to respond but it doesn't, and I have to close the game and lose my save progress. It's especially bad right now since its happening in the background, and if I close it, I lose a full day of skull cavern diving (especially cuz I got some rare stuff today). I'm pretty sure this is a bug, since there's no way its my hardware; Stardew Valley runs fairly well on low end computers but even then I have a intel i5-10400 processor, 16gb's of ram, and a nvidia gtx 1660 s for the graphics card, so a game like Stardew Valley should have no problem running, but despite that I still get this glitch, not to mention tons of lag playing every once in a while. I mean last night, every time I entered a building my framerate would drop to like 1fps for a few seconds before returning to normal.
Anyways, does anyone have a fix for this? Or is it a bug that I can't do anything about. For record, I am using a modded client, but only have 8 mods installed, and only 3 of them even change the code a little bit; the one that did mess with the code a lot I removed and I still have this bug.

Last edited by a moderator:

imnvs

Local Legend
I have a workaround, if it'll help. Basically, all I do is alt-tab out and alt-tab back in and everything's back to normal. Also, so far as I can tell when this happens that it is not the game frozen, just the display, and leaving and returning to the game without closing it resets that display.