PC [BUG] Krobus has gone completely missing after multiplayer "divorce"

redpandaninja

Newcomer
As per the title, everyone's favourite sewer-dwelling void spirit has gone completely MIA in me and my friend's multiplayer file.

Essentially, my friend who I have been working on this file with gave Krobus the fancy talisman that you use to get him to move in. After a while he decided he no longer wanted Krobus hanging around and proceeded to evict him. Krobus, understandably, was upset. Apparently however, he was upset enough to completely leave Pelican Town, because neither him nor his chest of wares are anywhere to be found within the sewer. We held out hope that using the Witch's forgetting statue would remedy the issue, however it didn't. Krobus is GONE gone. Is there a way that this can be fixed or am I doomed to never be able to buy the Return Scepter in this save?

Pertinent information may include:

> We are playing on PC.
> The file has been made/played exclusively in multiplayer.
> Krobus moved in either shortly before the 1.5 update or very shortly after, I am leaning towards the former though I cannot recall exactly.
> Krobus was evicted before the patch update and is still missing following said update.
> We do not use any mods.
> My friend who had Krobus move in was the farmhand, I am the one hosting the farm.

EDIT: I should also mention that I just booted up the save in singleplayer and Krobus is still gone. I am unsure if this is helpful information.

FINAL UPDATE:

My friend and I were able to take a look at the save file and figure out what happened to Krobus. As it turns out, when Krobus was "divorced", all his data defaulted normally except his location did not change back to the sewer. Rather, he was lost in the void "outside" the interior of the farmhand's cabin. We were able to fix this by manually moving Krobus' code in the safe file back to the sewer as well as changing his "default map" back from cabin to sewer. Everything else was correct, including his coordinates. As of right now everything seems to be back in working order. We are not presently sure if this bug is reproducible or not or if it was just a one off error. In any case, there is more data posted below, including a fun image of Krobus floating in the abyss. I am finally able to purchase my return scepter, god bless.

Last edited:

redpandaninja

Newcomer
I will go on record and say that I do not approve of playing with Krobus' feelings like that, but to be fair neither of us actually knew that giving Krobus the talisman would be akin to marrying him LOL, neither of us had really played a lot of 1.4 before 1.5 was dropped.

In any case, we do not play using SMAPI or mods, I will update the original post with this information.

redpandaninja

Newcomer
Update on the situation, me and my friend were able to bring back Krobus! I will edit the original post with further details.

corrin

Planter
Took a look at your save in the main server, and, well, we found him:
1610680317342.png

He seems to be stuck spawning at 31, 17 in the farmhand's cabin. He has 0 hearts with the farmhand and he's still counting as divorced and acting as if he should be tending his shop, but his default map never got reset to sewers. The bug may be somehow related to the fact that the farmhand's cabin didn't get upgraded?

corrin

Planter
Took a look at your save in the main server, and, well, we found him:
<snipped>
He seems to be stuck spawning at 31, 17 in the farmhand's cabin. He has 0 hearts with the farmhand and he's still counting as divorced and acting as if he should be tending his shop, but his default map never got reset to sewers. The bug may be somehow related to the fact that the farmhand's cabin didn't get upgraded?
I tested upgrading the cabin so he wasn't in the void, no dice, he was still stuck in the cabin. I did load the save in singleplayer though, maybe having the farmhand there would affect things?

redpandaninja

Newcomer
I tested upgrading the cabin so he wasn't in the void, no dice, he was still stuck in the cabin. I did load the save in singleplayer though, maybe having the farmhand there would affect things?
This is some solid data! Poor Krobus was simply stuck in the void. Luckily we were able to edit the save file to move him back to the sewer, but like you said, for whatever reason the game didn't change his default map back to the sewer from being the cabin. Once we moved him back to where he's supposed to be, everything all seems to be in order. Curious if this is possibly a one off error or if it would be reproducible?

Haydab

Newcomer
This is some solid data! Poor Krobus was simply stuck in the void. Luckily we were able to edit the save file to move him back to the sewer, but like you said, for whatever reason the game didn't change his default map back to the sewer from being the cabin. Once we moved him back to where he's supposed to be, everything all seems to be in order. Curious if this is possibly a one off error or if it would be reproducible?
Same thing happened to me and my buddy. Evicted krobus and now he's no longer in the sewers nor the chest. However he's not lost in the void he's just freeloading in my buddy's house and you can't purchase anything from him only dialogue.