Switch [BUG] Items disappearing

parsnip

Cowpoke
I had a stack of over 200 mushrooms I carry around for energy, and then one day I didn’t have it anymore. I definitely didn’t suddenly eat them all. I haven’t been selling to Pierre anymore, I just use the shipping bin now. The collections tab says I’ve only ever sold one mushroom, so that can’t be what happened. I technically could have thrown it out, but I am very careful not to, and I don’t use the trash can all that often. After this I switched to salmonberries. I had 150+ or so I think in my pockets, 55 in a chest. Same thing, one day I suddenly realized the ones in my pockets were gone, but the ones in the chest are still there. Then I realized... Not long before they vanished, I sold one salmonberry from the stack by pressing the Y button while I was in the shipping bin. (I did this for the achievement). While I was in that menu, it did appear to only sell one salmonberry, but maybe it’s possible there is a bug where the whole stack gets removed? (Collections tab also only shows that one was sold). I’m not sure if the salmonberries disappeared immediately or the next day, but I noticed they were gone within at least a couple days of that happening. I think I may have done the same thing with the mushrooms. It’s possible that isn’t the cause, but nothing else jumps out in my mind. I’ll try testing this with a smaller stack of items and see what happens.

Context: Switch, 1.5.4.1, single player

Bellybel

Newcomer
I've had this same issue, same console and version. I've lost a stack of 200+ pomegranates, a bunch of cranberries, and like 50 pepper poppers. I haven't lost them in the mines because in the time period that this happened I was just doing farm chores.