PC [BUG] Item duping in multiplayer

Glurpman

Newcomer
In a multiplayer game if you have one player placing an item on a table another play can take the item off at the same time the other person picks it back up which dupes the item. My friend and I found this while playing today and were easily able to dupe a large amount of items in a very short period of time. I have a video but I don't know how to upload it because it's an mkv file, if anyone knows how to upload an mkv file let me know and I'll upload it here. This currently works in 1.5.1

drknxs

Farmhand
There is another item duplication bug in multiplayer, when two players try to pick up an item where you need to hold left click, if they do it at the same time, when the item is dropped, it gets duplicated and 2 drop. I have only tried it with singing stones and furnaces and I've been able to replicate it as many times as I want.

Odin

Staff member
I believe these sorts of duping bugs are just inherent to the way multiplayer works.

drknxs

Farmhand
I believe these sorts of duping bugs are just inherent to the way multiplayer works.
It probably is, I just tried to recreate the bug in split screen multiplayer to rule out the possibility of the issue being caused by latency and it also works.

Alden

Greenhorn
In a multiplayer game if you have one player placing an item on a table another play can take the item off at the same time the other person picks it back up which dupes the item. My friend and I found this while playing today and were easily able to dupe a large amount of items in a very short period of time. I have a video but I don't know how to upload it because it's an mkv file, if anyone knows how to upload an mkv file let me know and I'll upload it here. This currently works in 1.5.1
Can you please upload the video? Also can you duplicate Omnigeode?

imnvs

Local Legend
There are easier ways to get things, including money, than duping things.

Also, I take issue with the snark in the title of that video. "STARDEW VALLEY Is Perfectly Balanced Game With No Exploits"? Really? Nobody over here has ever claimed there were no exploits, so that dude needs to get off his high horse.

tomaO2

Planter
Oh.
No.
That's just his catch phrase. He says it about all games. No offense is meant. He's not singling out Stardew Valley. This is a pretty minor exploit, all things told, especially compared to his normal videos.

His channel is built around finding exploits in video games.