PC [BUG] Issues with button remapping on a non-english keyboard in 1.5.5

littlejunimo

Newcomer
Hello, I'd like to report a bug with the newest update. I'm playing on a spanish keyboard and ever since updating I can't map one of my keys like I could before updating. The issue is as follows:
I had the inventory slot #11 and inventory slot #12 custom mapped to the " ' " and " ¡ " keys. I believe those are " - " and " = " on an english keyboard. When I updated to 1.5.5 those keys didn't respond and I couldn't use those two slots. I could re-map the " ' " to its slot again, but when trying to map " ¡ " it says "Key already in use. Try again...". The key is not mapped to anything in game, it does nothing when I press it. I can map other keys to that action, but not that one. Resetting controls to the default mapping does nothing.
Thank you for reading this out, I hope it can get fixed.

When I turned my keyboard in the Korean language, my SV was not working.
The Korean keyboard has different characters letters and does not consist of Western alphabets letters.
I noticed that the Q and A letter placement is different in the French keyboard and English Keyboard. I had a problem with my French keyboard as well...
Therefore, I switched to English(USA) because the SV is made in American Keyboard.....
So I suggest playing the game in English USA rather than Spanish.
I am just giving you some idea on how you can continue playing SV from this situation.

Edit:
If, for any reason, you want to play on the “legacy” 32-bit version, it’s still available on Steam (right click Stardew > properties > betas > select “Compatibility” version).
Can you try this method if you have a steam?

Last edited: