PC [BUG] Iridium Fishing Rod bug

travs03

Newcomer
I just bought the Iridium fishing rod and when I fished with it, it was fine for 2 throws then it threw It backwards and I couldn’t move. I couldn’t do anything at all. The only thing that still worked was that time went by thank god so my character passed out eventually. but the whole rod is buggy as it doesn’t animate properly when throwing? Throwing isn’t the right term but oh well :)

corrin

Planter
Where were you fishing when this happened? This bug is a mystery to everyone around here, but any info that could help reproduce it would be helpful!

travs03

Newcomer
Where were you fishing when this happened? This bug is a mystery to everyone around here, but any info that could help reproduce it would be helpful!
I’ve attached a screen shot but if you can see it, I was right outside Willy’s shop where he normally fishes, so slightly to the left. I saw someone else had complained about this back in 2017. Also I had the trap bobber connected to it.
maybe Willy just didn’t like me being in his spot...

Attachments

Odin

Staff member
It's been a persistent issue with the game for a while, but the developers have been unable to reliably reproduce it. If you have any info on what button presses or actions got you into that state, that could help.

16letterd1

Newcomer
I also experienced this on the seashore. I was standing slightly back from the shore, so i suspect i threw it too short and it didn't land in the water

Edit, i was also using a Dressed Spinner.

This was on single player, on Fri, 26 of autumn. I had also just booted up the game several minutes before, if that helps

Last edited:

Mr. Podunkian

Sodbuster
I also experienced this on the seashore. I was standing slightly back from the shore, so i suspect i threw it too short and it didn't land in the water

Edit, i was also using a Dressed Spinner.

This was on single player, on Fri, 26 of autumn. I had also just booted up the game several minutes before, if that helps
This is kind of a long shot, but do you have any way of remembering if the game had updated to to 1.5.3 before you ran into this issue or not? We had a potential fix for this that was introduced in yesterday's patch, but if you could confirm you were running 1.5.3 when you ran into the problem, it'd be a huge help to us. (not too big of a deal if you don't remember either!)