Mobile [BUG] Invisible objects

HydrangeNep

Newcomer
So far I only noticed that it happens to the butterfly hutch, bone rug, snow rug and elegant fireplace. In the furniture catalogue/desert trader the square that shows the item is empty but the name is still there.

When the item is placed in the inventory it is still invisible but if you know where it is you can still press on it and the description appears.

However it is still possible to place them in the house (just like any other furniture) and walk around it (but you cannot step on the object, even if we can’t see it)
The flames of the fireplaces are still visible though.
(I’m on iOS btw)
3D15B6D7-EB66-40B6-84AA-BFE210244504.png

Last edited:

kohlrak

Farmhand
So far I only noticed that it happens to the butterfly hutch, bone rug, snow rug and elegant fireplace. In the furniture catalogue/desert trader the square that shows the item is empty but the name is still there.

When the item is placed in the inventory it is still invisible but if you know where it is you can still press on it and the description appears.

However it is still possible to place them in the house (just like any other furniture) and walk around it (but you cannot step on the object, even if we can’t see it)
The flames of the fireplaces are still visible though.
(I’m on iOS btw)
View attachment 217
Ok, i want more info on this. Can you get your saves to us? I'm hearing alot about freezing and stuff on other platforms by other players, and i'd like to verify if this is an issue on android (which i have). If so, we can start narrowing down the issue by a lot, 'cause this is the sort of thing i would expect to cause this sort of problem.

HydrangeNep

Newcomer
Ok, i want more info on this. Can you get your saves to us? I'm hearing alot about freezing and stuff on other platforms by other players, and i'd like to verify if this is an issue on android (which i have). If so, we can start narrowing down the issue by a lot, 'cause this is the sort of thing i would expect to cause this sort of problem.
Sure, can I just have some help on how to do this on mobile?

kohlrak

Farmhand
Click here for instructions regarding finding your saves.

If you need a way of uploading, let me know and i'll provide that for you.

EDIT: Click here if you do not have access to a computer in which you can put the save files into a ZIP folder. If you end up registering, let me know here (incase i don't check my email), and then i'll approve your account long enough for you to upload the files you need to upload, and give you a URL to login and upload them. They'll be jailed until i see them, but once i see them i'll check them myself and move them to a zip folder, myself and upload them on your behalf. However, if you can zip them yourself, you can upload them with the "attatch files" on the bottom left, here.

Last edited:

HydrangeNep

Newcomer
Click here for instructions regarding finding your saves.

EDIT: Click here if you do not have access to a computer in which you can put the save files into a ZIP folder. If you end up registering, let me know here (incase i don't check my email), and then i'll approve your account long enough for you to upload the files you need to upload, and give you a URL to login and upload them. They'll be jailed until i see them, but once i see them i'll check them myself and move them to a zip folder, myself and upload them on your behalf. However, if you can zip them yourself, you can upload them with the "attatch files" on the bottom left, here.
Registered!

kohlrak

Farmhand
Account accepted, click here.

You'll need to upload both files in the folder in question.

Oh, and the usual disclaimer: the login system has barely been tested at this point. Your password was hashed, so i'd have to delete your account entirely if you end up forgetting it, which i'll probably do as soon as this issue is resolved, since i don't see any reason you'd need an account on my site for anything else. :laugh:

Odin

Staff member
Thank you for your assistance there, but @HydrangeNep can upload files right on the forums with the "Attach files" button right below where they type a message. That also lets others access their upload :)

kohlrak

Farmhand
Thank you for your assistance there, but @HydrangeNep can upload files right on the forums with the "Attach files" button right below where they type a message. That also lets others access their upload :)
Except that's restricted to certain filetypes, which doesn't include any available to him, i assume, since I informed him of this option and he chose to register anyway, this implies that he can't readily access a tool to zip his saves. I plan to upload the zip on his behalf, as stated here:

Only zip, txt, pdf, png, jpg, and gif formats are permitted on this site, and being an iPhone user, especially in this day and age where computer access has largely been replaced by mobile devices, especially in certain settings, we cannot assume that a user can upload the files.

Odin

Staff member
Except that's restricted to certain filetypes, which doesn't include any available to him, i assume
Let me look into that, we definitely want people to be able to upload saves directly to the forum if they wish :)

ric

Cowpoke
What device are you playing on and which build is it? Are you running the latest version?

ric

Cowpoke
Elegant fireplace is 1.4 content. If it's not drawing the implication is you have the old textures and for some reason updating hasn't replaced them. I recommend uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. If that doesn't fix it let me know.

Also, if you have modded textures this will happen if they are old and don't have the 1.4 content in.