Xbox [BUG] Ginger Island Walnut Bug

Right now Im at 129/130 Golden walnuts and there's no more to collect. The parrot doesn't even give out a hint but just in case I redid everything and no golden walnuts appeared. This issue is across all platforms and I've asked several people about it and it seems the only way to fix this is by starting a new save.

imnvs

Local Legend
Well, starting a new save doesn't fix the bug, it's just playing a new savefile and hoping the bug doesn't affect you this time. The bug is hit or miss. I've had two files attain perfection and didn't need to edit my savefile, though as you can see in my signature, I do know how to edit a savefile to repair the damage the bug causes...

...but sadly, platform players do not have access to edit savefiles, as I mention in that guide thread I made. The process for editing a savefile doesn't really fix the bug, but it fixes the result of the bug. The actual bug is that the count isn't updated correctly, and editing the savefile can fix the count, but it doesn't make sure the count is correct going forward after that.

This bug is a big deal, and yes, it can affect anyone on any platform. We know that CA is aware of the bug and is working to fix it. (Hopefully the fix will include a repair for savefiles for those folks playing on platforms as well.) Some of us, me included, suspect that fixing this bug is what is delaying the release of 1.5 for mobile. (Nobody in the know has confirmed or denied this suspicion, just so you know.)

Still... just to make sure, there are some walnuts for which the parrot does not give any hints. These include 1 on a bush at the southern end of the gem bird shrine area, 3 for placing the banana on the shrine for the gorilla (I know you've done this one), and up to 3 for playing darts with the pirates. If you know for certain that you've got all 3 from playing darts and got the 1 off the bush in the gem bird shrine area, you're experiencing the bug.