Issue [BUG] Ginger Island chests empty overnight

nohrossovsky

Newcomer
The contents of any wooden or stone chests I place on Ginger Island (outside the house) empty out overnight but Junimo Chests are unaffected.

nerdmanpap

Greenhorn
Oh wow, can you post where you have the chests located? On switch I put a wood chest outside on the porch to the left of the door and it's contents are not affected (still there every day)

nohrossovsky

Newcomer
Oh wow, can you post where you have the chests located? On switch I put a wood chest outside on the porch to the left of the door and it's contents are not affected (still there every day)
:"))) rip, guess mine's just broken then. I'm on PC and my chests are located on the ground between the shipping box and house. Dang, maybe I should try putting them on the porch instead??

mouse

Farmer
You can find and upload your SMAPI log by following the instructions at this site. The reason I mentioned Automate specifically is that if you had a line of chests touching the shipping bin, it would have processed all the stuff in them by selling it. If you don't have that mod, it could be another one, but log is a good first step :)

(Since we don't know yet that it was related to the vanilla game, a forum mod will probably move this thread to mod support unless/until it happens on an unmodded new save!)

nohrossovsky

Newcomer
You can find and upload your SMAPI log by following the instructions at this site. The reason I mentioned Automate specifically is that if you had a line of chests touching the shipping bin, it would have processed all the stuff in them by selling it. If you don't have that mod, it could be another one, but log is a good first step :)

(Since we don't know yet that it was related to the vanilla game, a forum mod will probably move this thread to mod support unless/until it happens on an unmodded new save!)
SMAPI log: https://smapi.io/log/349ad35ac2544cd89cb3adaedb35d994
Yeah, after playing a bit more, turns out this only happens on modded Stardew when the chest is placed directly next to the shipping bin! ^^"