PC [BUG] Game freezing when alt + tab

Leohige

Greenhorn
When I use alt + tab in bordeless / full screen mode the game freezes after 2 - 3 seconds. It alwaty happens and it's annoying because I'm always using the wiki or talking with someone. It didn't happened before with the same version and with an old windows version. No hardware changes. I reinstalled windows 10 using a fresh iso from official Microsoft website twice.

• game version: 1.5 steam
  • in-game language: Português Brasil
  • single-player or multiplayer: both
  • vsync: on and off no changes
  • windowed mode works fine
  • affinity with a different cpu core doesn't work
  • high priority process doesn't work

My PC config:
  • Ryzen 5 2600;
  • 16gb 2400mhz;
  • RX 580 8 gb;
  • Windows 10 fresh install 19043.928

Leohige

Greenhorn
I tried everything you can imagine... Old drivers, old windows 10 builds... Nothing works. But today I decided to test the Windows 11 insider build and it's all solved.

1624994145259.png

Kreeate

Rancher
Personally I just use Windows key + D to get to desktop. That's worked for me for a long, long time now on Windows 10. I also very much doubt that Windows 11 is the real solution to your original problem as the game is currently not really 'optimized' for that platform as far as I know. Your post seems kind of "advertisey" to me, like pushing a specific OS, but that's just my opinion. Good to know you've solved your issue though.

Leohige

Greenhorn
I'm only saying that's the only thing who worked for me. I use Linux too but not for games, work only. Windows + D doesnt work for me in this case, before I reinstalled my Windows 10 (games only) stardew valley was working fine, but with a very old build ( 2 years ago ). My problem is with a specific OS, Windows 10 in that case. Linux has always worked fine with stardew valley but I don't use it for games. This problem and solution are only for those who plays on Windows. If you have any suggestions how to solve this issue on Windows 10 I'll appreciate it (I tried everything I know and I could find on internet since I posted this issue).