Solved [BUG] Game crashs on start a new game

elly

Greenhorn
I'm playing the game through steam and windows 10, and when I try to start a new game right after the introduction the game closes without any kind of error, I don't use mods, and I don't even have a crash file, I just use steam and the game. I managed to start a save through smapi but I can't use the base game

here is the log trough the working smapi file

here is the log of the crashing insue

sorry for bad english, im brazilian and dont speak so well

Last edited by a moderator:

mouse

Farmer
To recap some things that were done on/before Discord (please correct me if I'm wrong!)...
  • verified file integrity
  • reinstalled game
  • playing in English
  • no tweak/overclock software etc running (not sure if still an issue post update 🤔 )
  • no vanilla crash log?
  • installed SMAPI for log and there isn't much there, but is playable
It's worth checking through the troubleshooting steps here even though your crash doesn't match exactly, but it was bouncing around a bit in chat so here seemed best :)

elly

Greenhorn
To recap some things that were done on/before Discord (please correct me if I'm wrong!)...
  • verified file integrity
  • reinstalled game
  • playing in English
  • no tweak/overclock software etc running (not sure if still an issue post update 🤔 )
  • no vanilla crash log?
  • installed SMAPI for log and there isn't much there, but is playable
It's worth checking through the troubleshooting steps here even though your crash doesn't match exactly, but it was bouncing around a bit in chat so here seemed best :)
yeah no crash log no mods reinstaled game no other softwares runinng just me and the game, and i did the troubleshoting but unsucefull

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Hi Elly could you send me your save file? (%appdata%/StardewValley/Saves and look for your farm name, zip the whole folder and attach here)

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
did you unzip Alice_222733517 to %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves ?

You should end up with a folder called Alice_222733517 in the %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves folder.
It works for me

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
okay, so the issue has something to do with your ability to save. For some reason your computer is not letting you write files to %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves. Please make sure you have full write permissions for that folder, and that you have space on your hard drive, or any other possible conflicting hardware or software issues

elly

Greenhorn
okay, so the issue has something to do with your ability to save. For some reason your computer is not letting you write files to %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves. Please make sure you have full write permissions for that folder, and that you have space on your hard drive, or any other possible conflicting hardware or software issues
all my securety permission boxes are marked in steam stardew valley exe and that folder i really dont know what is happening

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
this is a longshot, but how about if you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley and run Stardew Valley.exe as administrator (right click it > run as administrator)?

Jojough

Cowpoke
I was having the exact same problem, but I use a mac. There isn't a "Run as Administrator" option when you right click on a mac, so instead I had to go into the terminal and type
"sudo ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew\ Valley/Contents/MacOS/StardewValley" . Same principle, different execution. |||| EDIT: Seems like every time you want to create a new save file you will have to sudo/run the program as an admin :/. At least I can make a new game now. Thank you for the solution ConcernedApe!

Last edited: