Linux [BUG] Game crashing on a Locations problem.

Quirinea

Farmer
I first thought this was a bug in a mod (Fishing Info overlays), and tried to trigger it (didn't trigger after crashing twice at the same spot in the game and map), but the log seems to indicate there is something in the base game. I was unable to parse my SMAPI log as it had grown into 43 MB and the parser choked! I had tried to continue, hoping the error to reset.
Then it happened in another situation:
Suddenly when my character moves offscreen, the map "does not follow", the focus screen does not move and new area does not open. Opening and closing menu seems to fix the problem, but it reappears immediately, and fast gets worse.
When I tried to trigger the bug, I of course started directly by going into the fishing spot. In all the three cases it DID occur, I had been doing several things: farm chores, then visit to CC and Clint, then to RSV interacting with several characters, triggering a bunch of cutscenes, bought and planted a special fruit tree, fetched my sword, and then... (gngngngngnnnn)

This is the start of the error sequence (from SMAPI log): It seems to be the base game:

[20:52:56 ERROR game] An error occurred in the base update loop: FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.ThrowOverflowOrFormatException(ParsingStatus status, TypeCode type)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(ReadOnlySpan`1 value, NumberStyles styles, NumberFormatInfo info)
The log starts growing very fast, I had been playing for about an hour, then this occurred, and the sequence started at 55 %. About one minute before I closed the game.

The whole mess here:

Bought my game from GOG and updated about a week ago. I have a "trillion" (92 was the count) mods running, but at a fast glance the errors do not point to any of them.

Edit: I suspect the culprit is the Fish Info Overlays mod. I've removed it and the error has not been triggered. Anyway, having a lot of mods simultaneously obviously has its disadvantages. So this probably is a wrong place for this report. Modding discussion?

Last edited: