Solved [BUG] Game crashes in CO-OP randomly

eunjung0210

Greenhorn
I've tried using both my laptop and desktop, both are having this issue. When I join my friend's game, the game will crash randomly which is weird as I am having no issue at all for the past few days.
*Update* I can't even exit my cabin right now as it will immediately crash

Last edited:

plutonea

Newcomer
Did you or your friend install any mods? If not, have you done anything in game that could cause issues for your PC? For example: having tons of animals, kegs, or crystalariums all over the farm.

When the game crashes, what happens? Does it display Not Responding and need to be closed? Does it crash with an error message, or does it just close the moment you leave your cabin?

Are you able to host a game and have your friend join it?

Are you playing on Steam, or through another source (GOG, Humble Bundle)? And what OS are you using?

eunjung0210

Greenhorn
Thanks for the help as I forgot to mention the details.
1) I did not install any mods but my friend did.
2) My game is currently on the fall of first year only.
3) My PC will shows not responding but my laptop will just close without any messages.
4) Haven't try it yet but thanks for the suggestion, I will try it later to check out more possible causes.
5) I'm playing on Steam on Windows

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
hi, could you go to %appdata%/StardewValley/ErrorLogs and send me (or just paste in here) an error log associated with one of these crashes?

Niakwe

Newcomer
Hello,
I have the same problem as him. We have random crash when we are connecting on the game together.

I have 11 Error Report that I can attach to this message. I will make a ZIP with all of them.

The way we are doing to crash : Game on Steam - The main player is starting the day and going to get the code. He stays on this window code for maybe 3 to 5 minutes and then we enter the code, we can find the game, but the first player to join will make it crash.
It is maybe what you will see in the log.

Attachments

eunjung0210

Greenhorn
Hey nice to see you here concernedape :D
A big update here, I've asked my friend to delete her mods, and it seems that the mods are the reason for the crash.
Currently I'm having no issue on playing the game in CO-OP anymore.