PC BUG: Game crashes after about 10 mins of playtime

BunOne

Greenhorn
Hi there! First time poster here- actually,- first game post ever; please let me know if I need to change something, as I may have missed a rule or two!

• game crashes unexpectedly (no pattern in game play, just seems to do so after 10-30 mins of game play)
  • I have no idea how to add full error text- no game error has popped up, it just crashes and I have to close\ restart.
  • game version is the 1.5- updated first, problems happened afterwards.
  • in-game language is English
  • single-player game only; I haven't tried co-op
  • Played on controller

I was able to quickly save for one day of play; I tried to save it and move on to make sure it wasn't just freezing on a Monday or something, but the game crashed less than 10 mins later. When it crashes, it starts as a game lag. My controller shuts off of Bluetooth and gets confused, then it just freezes all together. ALT-TAB has no effect, and seemingly makes it worse.
Is this an operator error, or the game itself?
HoW dO i GaMeR?! lol

Odin

Staff member
I have no idea how to add full error text- no game error has popped up, it just crashes and I have to close\ restart.
If you're playing on Windows, you can find error logs by pressing the windows key + R and entering %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs. It's not a guarantee you'll have an error log, but that's where it would be.