Issue [BUG] Error exporting schedule strings file

moetrash

Newcomer
This is an issue with Content Patcher that Pathoschild asked me to post here. (If I should post this somewhere else, please let me know!)
When using patch export on a custom NPC's schedule strings file, Content Patcher is unable to correctly identify the type and will throw an error unless the type of the file is declared in the patch export command.
Command that gives error: patch export Strings/schedules/<Custom NPC> - example log with error
Command needed to avoid error: patch export Strings/schedules/<Custom NPC> System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.String],[System.String]]

imnvs

Local Legend
(( A lot of stuff I don't understand. ))
Okay, first let me tell you that I'm sorry both that you're having trouble and that I can not provide you any actual assistance.🙁

Next, not to berate you, just to inform you: you posted in the wrong section of the forum, my friend. There's one section for posting about problems caused by mods, and another for posting about problems that people have with the actual base game code. This is so that CA knows which errors are caused by his code, you know? If it's a problem with a mod, on the other hand, you're better off talking to the people that make/use the mods, because that's the code they're playing around with. Anyway, so, yeah, you posted in that latter rather than the former. 😉 It's not a big deal, though, seriously. The admin/mods can move it easily (and immediately after I make this post I'm going to give them a nudge to do that at their convenience), so don't think you need to go re-posting this over in the Mod Support section.

Third, good luck in getting this figured out! 👍

Odin

Staff member
Hi! I have moved this thread to the Mod Support section, since it's about an issue with Content Patcher. I will admit there was a bit of a mixup with me moving this thread around, I spoke to Pathos and he had pointed you to Help & Bug Reports in order to report a different issue involving an error in the game code itself. Sorry for the confusion, and you're of course welcome to report that other issue there!