Solved [BUG] Egg Festival Multiplayer Bug: Waiting for Player Index Out of Bounds

Kenimich

Greenhorn
When we entered the Egg Festival, bought 16 Strawberry Seeds, talked to everyone, and then progressed to the Egg Hunt, the host player got "Waiting for Player Index is outside the bounds of the array" error, and it kicked him from the event back to the farm and then moved to night. On the farmhand's screen, it turned to night, was at "Waiting for Player (1/2)" and froze there.

We tried the farmhand getting to "Waiting for Player" first, and the host getting to "Waiting for Player" first, and got the error both ways.

We tried with and without mods, but we still had SMAPI running for both games.

However, the day before (before 1.5.2 was released) we were doing the Egg Festival, and had no issues, with both of us using SMAPI.

This was using Steam on PC.

Eventually had the host do the event on his own, with the Mods enabled. This progressed us to the next day after he won the reward for the Egg Hunt (not contingent on winning).

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenimich

Greenhorn
We accidentally skipped the Flower Dance, and didn't think it was super important for year 1, so I don't know if this affects the Flower Dance as well.

Kenimich

Greenhorn
Both I (the farmhand) and the host checked, and we only have SMAPI-latest.txt files. Neither go back further than today (and so don't have the crash in it). We are scheduled to do the Lua soon, so if it crashes out then, we'll check the SMAPI logs again.

Kenimich

Greenhorn
At the Luau, there was no "crash", but the farmhand (me) was stuck at the "Waiting for Player (1/2)" screen.

Kenimich

Greenhorn
The Jellyfish event did not crash out, and neither did the Harvest Festival or the Spirit's Eve. However, the Ice Festival crashed on the fishing mini-game. We check the SMAPI logs, and there was nothing on the host's machine. The error message is displaying on the game multiplayer announcement area in the both left hand corner as red text in the chat box.

Kenimich

Greenhorn
We updated to the SMAPI for developers, and this showed up in the console readout for SMAPI:

[game] Event script error: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
[game] In event #0 for location Temp
[game] On line #30: waitForOtherPlayers