PC Bug: Disappearing Machines

Smol Potate

Newcomer
I woke up one morning to find that my workbench, three kegs, a seed machine, a jukebox, a geode crusher, a recycler, and a farm computer disappearing from my farm. This was during winter, so there were no weeds around that could have destroyed these items. These disappearances coincided with something breaking out of the "strange capsule," so at first I thought that this was some feature where the alien had stolen my items and I would be able to get them back, but my google searches suggest that this is not supposed to happen. I am playing singleplayer with version 1.5 on the pc. I have seen reports of items disappearing dating all the way back to 2016, so I doubt it is an issue with the new version.

candybear5947

Greenhorn
Two of my kegs and a seed machine have disappeared. I also have the strange capsule, but have no reason to connect it to this situation. This disappearance also cancelled the work on the remaining kegs, so technically the products of three kegs vanished as well. I wonder if this is fixable?

ISSsloth

Farmer
This likely won't work, but look at the lost and found box maybe? That's where lost items are supposed to go, but I'm not sure that accounts for situations like this.

RetRoseyt

Farmhand
I woke up one morning to find that my workbench, three kegs, a seed machine, a jukebox, a geode crusher, a recycler, and a farm computer disappearing from my farm. This was during winter, so there were no weeds around that could have destroyed these items. These disappearances coincided with something breaking out of the "strange capsule," so at first I thought that this was some feature where the alien had stolen my items and I would be able to get them back, but my google searches suggest that this is not supposed to happen. I am playing singleplayer with version 1.5 on the pc. I have seen reports of items disappearing dating all the way back to 2016, so I doubt it is an issue with the new version.
I lost my sewing machine this way! 😫 And it’s on the farm that I stream with, so I can’t just delete this one to play another farm.

KiyokoNIhara

Newcomer
I decided to play a bit of stardew valley on my playstation. I load my file and look around ginger island to see if I can set up a few more sprinklers and find: 5 kegs, 1 geode crusher, 1 furnace, 1 crystalarium all missing. Now, here's the thing about this. All of these missing machines but the cyrstalarium had hoppers attached to them to help somewhat automate the processing. These machines are gone, but not the hoppers attached to them so now there are just random hoppers sitting about, which is hilarious in its own way, but still to find these machines missing is upsetting. The kegs were processing something. I'm afraid to even make more because I am worried they will also disappear. RIP machines. you will be missed, mostly the kegs though

Last edited:

CarlyTargaryen

Greenhorn
I'm playing on the beach farm and I have lost two furnaces, two lightening rods, two recycling machines and a workbench. All were outside on the sand and not being used. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's part of the beach farm (like the waves watched them away maybe?) It's horribly frustrating. I moved everything inside to see if they start disappearing while inside.

Zer0T0Sixty

Greenhorn
Yeah, woke up to four missing cheese machines in my barn. This is my first playthrough and now I’m really nervous about building more, or any machines really. Big buzz kill

icKyou1025

Sodbuster
Only my mini fridges are disappearing each morning (so far). It's most likely a mod issue. It doesn't matter where they are placed they disappear the next morning. I can literally see it happen when I sleep for the night.

imnvs

Local Legend
If you are using mods, you need to investigate the mods first, sadly.

Also, with other things (not the mini-fridges I mean, since icKyou admitted to using mods) I want to check, are these machines that are inside a building or outside?

icKyou1025

Sodbuster
Only my mini fridges are disappearing each morning (so far). It's most likely a mod issue. It doesn't matter where they are placed they disappear the next morning. I can literally see it happen when I sleep for the night.
So, I found out it was a configuration option in the expanded mini fridge mod to hide them, and then you can access then through the fridge

Last edited:

ReneeChanlin

Cowpoke
I just had the same thing happen and I'm so confused! About 14 of the 40 or so kegs I had outside (below my shipping bin) have vanished, along with the hive and the loom I had sitting above the shipping container.
Edit: also one of my two recycling machines. It's the middle of winter, so it's not a weed issue.

mistpixie29

Greenhorn
I lost a sewing machine, 2 furnaces, a charcoal kiln, and my crystalarium :(
ok sooo i saw on another post that remembered they had accidentally set off a bomb near the sell bin in the top right corner, where they had the machines set up.... then i remembered i did the same thing. The bomb destroyed the machines.

imnvs

Local Legend
ok sooo i saw on another post that remembered they had accidentally set off a bomb near the sell bin in the top right corner, where they had the machines set up.... then i remembered i did the same thing. The bomb destroyed the machines.
Accidental bombing on the farm? I usually restart the day.