PC [BUG] Crashing in multiplayer while in volcano dungeon

Rycros

Greenhorn
Hi all,

Had two crashes happen today that haven't happened in 1.5.1 or 1.5

• explain the issue - While on multiplayer, one player was on farm and i was traversing the volcano dungeon. tried to go in to the next room and it crashed the server. My game actually didn't crash, i just got disconnected, host game crashed entirely to Windows
  • full error text (if any) - attached files
  • game version - 1.5.2
  • in-game language - English
  • single-player or multiplayer - multiplayer
  • anything else you think might be relevant
    • no mods
    • host was just chillin on the farm, basically afk when this happened.
    • scanned through the past few pages of posts to see if anyone else had this, didn't see anything
    • the attached error logs are from the host machine, i didn't have any error logs.
    • currently using a controller
Let me know if i can provide any more information, and thanks for all the hard work from everyone!

Attachments

Abs0rbed

Newcomer
Seconded, I had this problem in 1.5.3 where my multiplayer partner kept getting an infinite loading screen at random.
They had to restart the game to fix it

Rycros

Greenhorn
Seconded, I had this problem in 1.5.3 where my multiplayer partner kept getting an infinite loading screen at random.
They had to restart the game to fix it
i would actually set up a new post about that if you could, because that sounds like a separate issue. when my issue happened, it crashed the host out completely, and we had to restart the day and whatnot.

emsbruns

Newcomer
I have also been having this problem!! Same thing in the volcano, but when I would switch floors and any of my partners were on the farm, the host game would totally crash to (windows) and I (mac) would get an infinite loading screen. Just thought I would share to boost this post.

Odin

Staff member
I have also been having this problem!! Same thing in the volcano, but when I would switch floors and any of my partners were on the farm, the host game would totally crash to (windows) and I (mac) would get an infinite loading screen. Just thought I would share to boost this post.
Note that the instructions below are where the game's host can find error logs, they aren't generated for farmhands. So I understand if you aren't able to get an error log.

Can you share the most recent error log from the game host? (Crashes don't always produce an error log, so you may not see any in the folder).
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs.
  • On Mac, from your desktop click Go in the menubar (in the top right), then "Go to folder..." at the bottom of that menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/.
If you have SMAPI installed, the best way to share a log is via https://smapi.io/log. Thanks!

cherrycokejpg

Newcomer
Was wondering if this was ever resolved, as i have the exact same issue on pc with version 1.5.4. here is the error text:

InnerException:
Stack Trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Nullable`1.get_Value()
at StardewValley.Locations.VolcanoDungeon.GenerateEntities() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\VolcanoDungeon.cs:line 1675
at StardewValley.Locations.VolcanoDungeon.GenerateLevel(Boolean use_level_level_as_layout) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\VolcanoDungeon.cs:line 961
at StardewValley.Locations.VolcanoDungeon.GenerateContents(Boolean use_level_level_as_layout) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\VolcanoDungeon.cs:line 384
at StardewValley.Locations.VolcanoDungeon.GetLevel(String name, Boolean use_level_level_as_layout) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\VolcanoDungeon.cs:line 3260
at StardewValley.Game1.getLocationFromNameInLocationsList(String name, Boolean isStructure) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 11679
at StardewValley.Game1.getLocationFromName(String name, Boolean isStructure) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 11652
at StardewValley.Network.GameServer.warpFarmer(Farmer farmer, Int16 x, Int16 y, String name, Boolean isStructure) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\GameServer.cs:line 689
at StardewValley.Network.GameServer.processIncomingMessage(IncomingMessage message) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\GameServer.cs:line 705
at StardewValley.SDKs.GalaxyNetServer.onReceiveMessage(GalaxyID peer, Stream messageStream) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SDKs\GalaxyNetServer.cs:line 251
at StardewValley.SDKs.GalaxySocket.Receive(Action`1 onConnection, Action`2 onMessage, Action`1 onDisconnect, Action`1 onError) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SDKs\GalaxySocket.cs:line 610
at StardewValley.SDKs.GalaxyNetServer.receiveMessages() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SDKs\GalaxyNetServer.cs:line 179
at StardewValley.Network.GameServer.receiveMessages() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\GameServer.cs:line 260
at StardewValley.Multiplayer.UpdateEarly() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\Multiplayer.cs:line 1819
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4162
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3872
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 1046
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 156