PC [BUG] Coop chat inaccessible and dresser dissappeared

Jon

Newcomer
We started playing with the new update yesterday on our existing world and we ancountered 2 bugs.
Firstly our dresser in on of our houses dissappeared.

And secondly (and a bit more relevant): I could not open the chat to pause the game with the "/pause" command. Before the update I accessed the chat via the bootom left corner.

Greetings

Mick Row

Greenhorn
Changelog listed disabling the click on lower left corner for the chat. Probably many experienced mild annoyance ending up in the chat, while just trying to access their tools instead. Only remaining way now is to open it by using the "T"-key. Since it is the "normal" procedure to pause a hosted multiplayer game first, until everyone arrived, maybe it would be a nice idea to pause it automatically or map a single key for pause one day.

Odin

Staff member
Firstly our dresser in on of our houses dissappeared.
I believe this is intended, prior to 1.5 all Cabins had an unmovable dresser. You can replace it with a new dresser if you wish.

Maw

Farmhand
So is anything we had stored in those dressers gone? I had thousands of items in there!!

Maw

Farmhand
I believe this is intended, prior to 1.5 all Cabins had an unmovable dresser. You can replace it with a new dresser if you wish.
I don't want to replace the dresser, I need the hundreds of gold ancient fruits & ancient fruit seeds, thousands of pomegranites, and I don't even remember what was in there in earlier saves, but I had LOTS of stuff in those dressers!!! LOVE the idea of them being removeable, but just gone is a tragedy.

Odin

Staff member
I don't want to replace the dresser, I need the hundreds of gold ancient fruits & ancient fruit seeds, thousands of pomegranites, and I don't even remember what was in there in earlier saves, but I had LOTS of stuff in those dressers!!! LOVE the idea of them being removeable, but just gone is a tragedy.
Can you check the new "lost and found" box in Lewis' house? Those items may have been moved there.

gooday

Farmhand
I also have the same issue where the dressers in the cabins have disappeared as well. I had tons of valuable items in them and I checked Lewis' lost and found already to no avail. Is it possible to me to get the items I had stocked in the dressers back?

Maw

Farmhand
There didn't seem to be anything in Lewis' lost & found - it says it has something to do with unfinished business from the new bulletin board by Lewis' house.
I tried looking in a save file where I had and another where I hadn't already completed something from the new board. Neither file had anything in the lost & found

JustMediocreAF

Greenhorn
The dresser in spare cabins could be accessed by the main player. Is this the dresser you are talking about? Functionally, it is that player's inventory... so maybe, if you can get another account to be that "player" their inventory SHOULD be that disappeared dresser, right? So that would be where all your fancy stuff is? That is my only thought for you. What a bummer! Put your nice stuff in a chest you control, silly.

This is also assuming you didn't use a mod for chest size expansion.

jfizzy

Newcomer
I'm having the same problem with the dresser. I have a coop game that's primarily mine (my farmhand was just introducing me to the game). I use their cabin as my chest room, including the dresser. Luckily I noticed it was gone on my first day back since the update (+patch 1.5.1) and did not save. Do you know if I can play coop with them not updating and they can move the items elsewhere, or would they have to update for me to even access coop with them? Or do you know if I can un-update since I haven't saved it yet? I tried removing the download, but no luck. I don't have any old save files, either. Any help is appreciated!

Eastwolf

Greenhorn
The dresser in spare cabins could be accessed by the main player. Is this the dresser you are talking about? Functionally, it is that player's inventory... so maybe, if you can get another account to be that "player" their inventory SHOULD be that disappeared dresser, right? So that would be where all your fancy stuff is? That is my only thought for you. What a bummer! Put your nice stuff in a chest you control, silly.

I can confirm this is accurate. If a dresser in a spare cabin was being used it becomes the inventory for a farmer that doesn't exist yet. Hook up a controller and activate split screen co-op. Make a new farmer and deposit their inventory in a chest. (I also had them walk over to Robin's to upgrade the size of the cabin).

Reactions: Maw

imnvs

Local Legend
There didn't seem to be anything in Lewis' lost & found - it says it has something to do with unfinished business from the new bulletin board by Lewis' house. I tried looking in a save file where I had and another where I hadn't already completed something from the new board. Neither file had anything in the lost & found
You'll have to either log in the farmhand yourself, or get someone else to, and put the inventory in a chest to recover it.
I'm having the same problem with the dresser. I have a coop game that's primarily mine (my farmhand was just introducing me to the game). I use their cabin as my chest room, including the dresser.
Can you get that person to log in to the game at some point and dump the stuff? Yes, the farmhand's player will have to update to 1.5.

Maw

Farmhand
Since there was never any other player, I never thought of the dresser as something not under my control. I'm playing on a PC, and have no idea how co-op actually works.
I guess I'll have to give it a try, though. Getting rid of that package of seeds and upgrading the cabin would be sweet!

Maw

Farmhand
Welp, not sure how to do this. I can get a join code, but when I try to join, it fails. Am I supposed to be playing as the host simultaneously? No idea how to do that, cant seem to start the game in a second window. Am playing on a PC.
Thanks for trying to help, tho.

I can confirm this is accurate. If a dresser in a spare cabin was being used it becomes the inventory for a farmer that doesn't exist yet. Hook up a controller and activate split screen co-op. Make a new farmer and deposit their inventory in a chest. (I also had them walk over to Robin's to upgrade the size of the cabin).