PC [BUG] co op farm was reset to spring day 1?

i recently started a co op farm with my friend, we got to summer 18 year 1 when earlier today my friend was disconnected in the middle of playing. i reloaded the game and it was spring day 1, the farm was completely reset, all of our chests & crops were gone and marnie was at my door with the cat. the only things that weren't reset were our relationships and money. there were also no cabins so my friend couldn't even join anymore? i have no idea what happened! is there any way i can get our progress back?

i play on a macbook through steam and i do play with mods but they are all up to date. sorry if this was confusing, i would really appreciate if someone could help!!

Last edited by a moderator:

BEID0UX

Greenhorn
the exact same thing happened to me and my friend yesterday while co op-ing and we've been racking our brains trying to find out what happened. pls help!! (2)

bruisewayne

Newcomer
I experienced this problem a couple of months back and vaguely remember the 'solution' to it. Upon relaunching the game I would be thrown back to Spring Day1 but my Inventory maintained all my previous items.

SMAPI keeps backups of your farms' save files somewhere within its files system. If you could revert back to an older save data and remove the recent (and corrupted) save data, it could help.

On another note: If anyone has a surefire solution to this let me know! In case it ever happens to me again :)

Last edited:

AmberylEmrys

Newcomer
Has anyone figured out how to fix this? It just happened to me.

I still have all my old quests, but now also the introduction quest. Marnie showed up with the dog. My farm is reverted back to Spring, day 1, year 1.

All my items are gone. All the co-op houses are gone. I had 20 players and now none of them can log in. :(

My gold is the same.

I do not know how to 'revert back to an older file' as was suggested, and I fear I could do more damage than good, were I to try.

Can someone help?