Solved [BUG] Children not coming to festivals with spouse.

Nijaki

Greenhorn
My mom and I both have separate save files on my unmodded Steam version of the game, updated to 1.5.2. I am on year 4 and have two toddler aged kids, both of whom come with my husband (Sebastian) to all of the various festivals and events. My mom's file is on year 14, and her two toddler kids have yet to show up to any events with her husband (Elliott). As far as I'm aware, I didn't adjust any kind of setting or anything, mine just started showing up at the festivals, so I'm not sure why they don't for her.

Qwan

Greenhorn
Huh weird, I didn't know they could come to events. Mine don't either, I'm on year 7.

Ummm... I have a question now after seeing this post, if two players are married and have a kids how the kids go to festival's? Because if the kids go to festival's with your npc wife or husband when it is a player wife or husband do they just be there on the festival's?

I haven't tested this but I will, but for a hypothesis I think that they should just be there when you go to the festival (I hope this to be true because letting your kids at home alone when you're in a festival with your player wife or husband is not cool and only have them go with a npc wife or husband).:baby:

BlueTrillium

Farmhand
My theory here - if the kids were already toddler-stage in your game file before 1.5 came out, they may not have gotten whatever code/flag it is that brings them along to festivals. I am guessing this is what's happened to those older files where the kids aren't showing up.

Though yeah Danieru's got a good question. xD I haven't got any coop games with PCxPC kids yet so I can't test.

Another thing I'm testing is, if I marry one bachelor/ette, have 1 kid then divorce them, marry somebody else and have the 2nd kid, how do they show up at festivals (e.g. both with the current spouse, one with each spouse, etc). But my kid 1 isn't old enough yet (still in crib) xD We'll see! Similarly, if you have a toddler age kid and divorce the spouse but have *not* remarried yet, I wonder if they go to the festival with the divorced spouse...

Nijaki

Greenhorn
My theory here - if the kids were already toddler-stage in your game file before 1.5 came out, they may not have gotten whatever code/flag it is that brings them along to festivals. I am guessing this is what's happened to those older files where the kids aren't showing up.
I thought about that, but one of my kids was a toddler before 1.5 and as soon as I had the patch, he started coming with Seb to festivals. So idk why my mom's kids wouldn't, even if they were also toddlers before 1.5.

ISSsloth

Farmer
I thought about that, but one of my kids was a toddler before 1.5 and as soon as I had the patch, he started coming with Seb to festivals. So idk why my mom's kids wouldn't, even if they were also toddlers before 1.5.
Maybe you only need one kid born in 1.5 for them to come?

Nijaki

Greenhorn
Small update - my mom just did the Feast of the Winter Star and her kids both showed up. Not sure why, she didn't change anything. Hopefully they'll be there at the next festival, too!

Odin

Staff member
Glad that it worked that time! I'm curious if it's an issue with certain events and will pop up again on the next year or not.

Nijaki

Greenhorn
Glad that it worked that time! I'm curious if it's an issue with certain events and will pop up again on the next year or not.
So far they've shown up to all the festivals after that, so it seems like whatever hiccup had happened is fixed.

W_bacon

Newcomer
Has there been any update on how this effects children between 2 players. My girlfriend and I are married in our farm and our children didn’t show up to the egg festival. So far that’s the only holiday we’ve done. We’re on 1.5.4 on Switch.