Issue [BUG] Child to NPC unofficial update issue

snyrf

Greenhorn
Hi! I know that Child to NPC kind of broke a bit due to the 1.5 update but I was wondering if I could get some advice on whether or not this particular issue is something specific to my installation or a general problem.

Currently my game will freeze at the end of the day and SMAPI will give me a cheeky red wall of death of repeating errors (log here). It happens pretty much consistently if it's the night before and/or night of a festival or if I've been fishing/mining for a good chunk of the day. On/before festival days in particular it doesn't matter what I've been doing during the day - I could go back to bed at 6am and it'll still freeze. At other times it seems to be dependent on what I've done that day and possibly if I've gone to bed anywhere between 10pm-2am. The issue is temporarily fixed if after a crash I remove the Child to NPC mod and add it back in on the next day.

Mae West

Greenhorn
I have this exact same issue and if you look at the mod on the Nexus Mods website it’s a commonly reported problem/bug. I love the mod so much, well used with NPC Child for SVE that is but it’s not really sustainable to repeatedly lose random days and then have to uninstall and reinstall again...

Mae West

Greenhorn
I have this exact same issue and if you look at the mod on the Nexus Mods website it’s a commonly reported problem/bug. I love the mod so much, well used with NPC Child for SVE that is but it’s not really sustainable to repeatedly lose random days and then have to uninstall and reinstall again...
Which I’ve done three times now btw..