Android [BUG] Can't increase fish quality

Scandinerdian

Newcomer
I'm on mobile, and I just can't increase the quality of fish no matter where I go. I'm at level 10 fishing and get "perfect" regularly, but the fish I get always come up at base level. This doesn't happen with farming or foraging, only fishing which is strange.
Any solutions?

Ereo

Helper
Apart from your level, fish quality is also impacted by how far you cast from land. Any walkable bridges also count as land. Can you also not get quality fish when you cast to maximum distance straight in front of Willy's shop?

Scandinerdian

Newcomer
Apart from your level, fish quality is also impacted by how far you cast from land. Any walkable bridges also count as land. Can you also not get quality fish when you cast to maximum distance straight in front of Willy's shop?
It has no impact which distance I throw, but I did notice something really weird; the only place I do get any stars on my fish is on the broad side of Willys shop. If I throw anywhere else in Stardew valley, including right outside of his shop, I get no stars no matter how long I try.