Solved [BUG] Can't get walnuts from Ginger Island Hidden Shrine

tkw

Farmhand
I can't seem to redeem the walnuts from completing the Ginger Island Hidden Shrine.
I have 2 pre-existing games - 1 multiplayer and 1 solo. In both, I've hung out at the island for a while and caught each of the 4 gem birds multiple times, but despite putting the gems in the right locations in the shrine, it never seems to trigger. Is there something I should be doing ahead of time? I realize the gems are different for every game. I've tried multiple times in both games. Not sure what to do now since I need those in order to purchase the island resort.
First tried shrine on single player in v1.5 (now updated to 1.5.1 and tried again, but no go) and first tried it in multiplayer in 1.5.1.
:(

tkw

Farmhand
Did the gems disappear?
nope. still there. tried moving them around, taking them all off and putting them back on. taking them all off and then trying to put them on another day. tired taking them all off and then gathering them all again (round 2). Do they have to be gathered on consecutive rainy days or something?

Ereo

Helper
I don't think so. You're sure you got the right order?

I'm almost certain my last gem just came from the mine because I already knew which one the bird dropped when I found the riddle, and it was always the wrong bird on rainy days.

Do you play unmodded?

tkw

Farmhand
yes. I play unmodded.
I just get the gem from the bird and then put it on the corresponding pedestal immediately. I think it's the right order. I mean, the pictures on the ground in front of the pedestals are fairly straightforward to follow, and correspond to the cardinal directions too, so unless I'm crazy, it should be correct.
Going to try again. *sigh

mattyscully

Greenhorn
You're not alone, I came on to report this too. I did it the first time successfully with the 4 gems, then for the second time round I'm unable to interact with 3 of the pillars, and the gem I got is for one of those pillars.

Just to be as detailed as possible, the gem was a topaz which I got from a bird on the south beach. It is the east, south and west pillars that can't be interacted with. The plus symbol for when something is ready to be harvested appears when I go close to the broken pillars, whether I have the gem in hand or not.

Edit: I'm wrong - It's only supposed to work once, not be repeatable.
20201228150130_1.jpg

Last edited:

Daedelonis

Tiller
If you place the gems on the pedestals from the gem bird according to the zone you got them from, then once you place the fourth one it will poof all the gems and you get your walnut prize. I played modded Stardew and had no problems completing this, even before the most recent SVE update.

Eastwolf

Greenhorn
So I skipped to the end and it looks like you put the Ruby on the top (volcano) one instead of the right (forest) one where the bird had just dropped it. Didn't watch the rest, but I'd make sure you put all the gems oriented to where you found them (which is randomized for each game)

Ereo

Helper
I agree with Eastwolf.

You switched the positions for the forest (ruby to the right) and the volcano (emerald to the top).

The other two are correct.

Reactions: tkw

tkw

Farmhand
ah ok. then I misread the pictograms and am indeed a bit of an idiot :) thank you!

Hmm. it didn't trigger when I just switched them, but taking them all off and putting them back another day did fix it. Thanks Eastwolf & Ereo.

Last edited:
I've got the same thing going on. I tried it 6 times, 3 different ways. Collecting all drops, while keeping track of location and then placing all of them accordingly with no results. Placing them as soon as they drop with no results. Then I tried bringing rain on 4 consecutive days and placing them as they dropped and still nothing. It's a shame. It's a fun challenge, but just wasted a lot of time and resources for nothing. I just abandoned it and went on with the rest. Fortunately you can complete everything without them. I'm sure it will get fixed one day and then I can say I recovered all the Golden Walnuts. Until then, Fortunately, SDV is just as awesome without that particular challenge.

Ereo

Helper
I've got the same thing going on. I tried it 6 times, 3 different ways. Collecting all drops, while keeping track of location and then placing all of them accordingly with no results. Placing them as soon as they drop with no results. Then I tried bringing rain on 4 consecutive days and placing them as they dropped and still nothing. It's a shame. It's a fun challenge, but just wasted a lot of time and resources for nothing. I just abandoned it and went on with the rest. Fortunately you can complete everything without them. I'm sure it will get fixed one day and then I can say I recovered all the Golden Walnuts. Until then, Fortunately, SDV is just as awesome without that particular challenge.
Did you see tkw really had the wrong order of gem stones and it worked after they put them in the right place?

For the record, this is the right order:

1. The gem from your farm - left pillar
2. The gem from near the dig side - to pillar
3. The gem from the jungle - right pillar
4. The gem from the beach - bottom pillar

If you still have trouble, it might be best to open a new thread since this one was marked as solved.

Did you see tkw really had the wrong order of gem stones and it worked after they put them in the right place?

For the record, this is the right order:

1. The gem from your farm - left pillar
2. The gem from near the dig side - to pillar
3. The gem from the jungle - right pillar
4. The gem from the beach - bottom pillar

If you still have trouble, it might be best to open a new thread since this one was marked as solved.

Yeah, I saw that. It's weird. Right after I posted that, I tried it again for the 7th time and it worked. I just did the exact same thing as I did the last time with making it rain 4 consecutive days in a row, (I think that method was just coincidence) and it worked. I don't think that was a game issue, maybe my saved file issue. The difference was that the 7th time was that it was a different session. The previous 6 times were during the same session. The 7th was a new session. I took a break and then went back to it. Of course, that could just be coincidence as well. I had the areas and order right before, at least I know for sure for the 4th, 5th, and 6th time. I recorded it during play via my phone and watched it back for each placement to insure I had the right drop for the right area. IDK, all I 'm certain about is the circumstances. 1-6 in one session and the 7th in a later session.

OzfarmerMoriii

Newcomer
I seem like having a similar issue but slightly different. I could not put gems on top of the Shrine and I start getting second round of all four gems again from birds.