PC [BUG] Audio Cuts out, needs game restart to fix

Padankadank

Newcomer
When my PC turns off my monitor my audio will stop until I close and reopen the game. The reason is likely because my audio device is my monitor (thru displayport) which technically disconnects when it turns off. So stardew lost the audio device it was originally using but when my monitor turns back on it doesnt notice that it's back and the game needs to be restarted to fix it.

My steam shows that stardew updated just a few hours ago, im not sure where to find the version number. I'm on the 2nd release of 1.5.3 I think. This is all on single player, no mods.

Last edited:

Padankadank

Newcomer

Also my hardware mouse cursor will appear on top of the game cursor after my monitor turns back on. I'm playing on windowed mode. Changing to windowed borderless or fullscreen does not fix the issue. In fact, windowed borderless causes the two cursors to be offset from eachother.

I can instantly recreate both of these problems by changing my monitor input from DP to HDMI then back to DP. This is likely just instantly triggering the disconnect

Last edited:

Padankadank

Newcomer
Could any mods let me know if this bug has been noted? It's getting kind of annoying because I have to get up and leave my pc a lot throughout the day.

liquidcat

Staff member
Concernedape has mentioned stardew valley can't handle audio device shift after the game has started. So developers are aware of this issue, but we don't know if its something that can be fixed.