PC [BUG] Advanced Skull Cavern won't return to normal after Qi quest completion

sabregypsy

Newcomer
Playing 2 player multiplayer on version 1.5.4. Unlocked Mr Qi's walnut room and accepted a quest to get down to level 100 in the skull cavern, which turned it into an advanced mode with harder monsters. The first time we selected this quest we were not able to complete it and the cavern did not return to normal at the end of the week. We assumed that we just needed to do it again until it completed for it to return to normal.

Since then we have reactivated it and done it several more times (succeeding level 100), but our skull cavern is now permanently stuck in advanced mode even after we complete the quest.

We have the shrine of challenge but that only seems to affect the normal mines. Those can be turned on and off without any issues.

Degemination

Newcomer
We’ve had the exact same problem, exact same circumstances. Really frustrating as it’s not only hard going to skull cavern on hard mode, it’s just plain tedious.

lillylou

Greenhorn
Same problem here, except that we did the danger in the deep quest first and the shrine doesnt turn them on or off, theyre just on difficult all the time. Same with the skull cavern :/

Airys

Newcomer
Oh no! This is what I am afraid of. I just did this only once. I sure hope it returned to normal, I haven't checked yet. I am on Switch.