PC [Bug] 3-Player local coop split screen issues.

Pirre Piraya

Newcomer
Hi,
Me and two friends just booted up Stardew Valley to play local coop. We noticed however that the positioning of the screen is quite off with a black bar on part of player one's screen on certain areas of the map. The screen is still playable even though it's completely black and a workaround is to look on another players screen and somewhat guess where actions can be taken with the cursor. After only a few hours of gameplay the I gathered that the bug appears for us only in larger areas (such as the farm) but centers correctly on the player in smaller areas such as houses or the mine.

I uploaded a 1 minute video to youtube showcasing our issue to help explain/visualize it. Video can be found here.

Game was played over multiple sessions so rebooting the game did not solve the issue
Reinstalling the game has not been tried.
Native resolution of the monitor played on is 2560 x 1440. Ingame resolution changes (I think) once more players join the game.
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens); ^^^^^
  • full error text (if any); non applicable
  • game version; PC 1.5.1 (latest)
  • in-game language; English
  • single-player or multiplayer; Local Coop launched via multiplayer lobby.
  • anything else you think might be relevant. ^^^^^
If any more information is needed/found or if a solution is found then feel free to continue the thread :)

B.R. Pirre P

Poipou

Newcomer
Hi,
I have the same problem as you in 2560 x 1440.
You can actually fix your problem by setting your game resolution to 1920 x 1080 it will allow you to play without the problem but not at your native resolution.